It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Jesus wept, some amount of absolute tosh on here about valuations.

But Mane is older! He's 30!!

So what?? KDB is 31, would you think £27m was a good price for him if he had a year left, just because he's 30+? Absolutely no fkn way! 30 these days means top players have another 4/5 years at the top, it's not the same as the 80/90s.

If we can get £45m for sterling with a year left on his contract, particularly as he wants to leave and he is no longer a "starter" that is a cracking deal imo, particularly when you look at Mane's price tag, 30 or not! Any more than that and we're absolutely pulling Chelsea's pants down
Also selling to germans instead of direct rivals is a whole different load of shit. Think dikheads

I really hope City are ice cool here and wait for the right money.
We can wait on Ake, we can’t be bullied on that score, however I’d imagine the other gets made well below the 60m touted, more like 45, 50 at a push, we won’t cut our noses off given his intention to leave and getting nada in 12 months, makes no business sense and the opening offer is for that eventual fee!

According to the papers, boro are annoyed at spurs for taking so long to get the deal for spence over the line.

Wonder if we can use our relationship with them from the steffen deal to get him in? Would be a decent young back up to walker or we could even send him out on loan to someone to sweeten another incoming transfer.

To be honest, I didn't think that Phil Foden would progress as quickly as he has, and fully expected him to go out on loan.

I think much the same about James, but suspect that he won't have the same opportunity as Phil to break through without going on loan.

I've been wrong before... ;-)
McAtee just lacks that little burst of pace that Phil had. But I think he is actually more press-resistant and possibly a little better at protecting the ball. He has that David Silva ‘pausa’ thing that Pep loves, where time seems to stop.
Genuinely believe he and Cole will play quite a few games this year and do really well, given the chance.
Lavia is probably a year too early. Decent championship loan would be ideal to man him up.
Let him get booted up and down the field at Preston North End on a rainy Tuesday in January, learn all about grown man football. Sink or swim

According to the papers, boro are annoyed at spurs for taking so long to get the deal for spence over the line.

Wonder if we can use our relationship with them from the steffen deal to get him in? Would be a decent young back up to walker or we could even send him out on loan to someone to sweeten another incoming transfer.
Kinell. We aren’t buying mediocres like him

McAtee just lacks that little burst of pace that Phil had. But I think he is actually more press-resistant and possibly a little better at protecting the ball. He has that David Silva ‘pausa’ thing that Pep loves, where time seems to stop.
Genuinely believe he and Cole will play quite a few games this year and do really well, given the chance.
Lavia is probably a year too early. Decent championship loan would be ideal to man him up.
Let him get booted up and down the field at Preston North End on a rainy Tuesday in January, learn all about grown man football. Sink or swim
The only thing that could hold Palmer and McAtee back is what is in between the ears. Hopefully they can take stuff on board and accept constructive criticism from Pep.

If you listen to how David Silva speaks about football and contrast it to Prem soon come etc, then there is a bit of doubt for me.

I hope they become superstars though.

The only thing that could hold Palmer and McAtee back is what is in between the ears. Hopefully they can take stuff on board and accept constructive criticism from Pep.

If you listen to how David Silva speaks about football and contrast it to Prem soon come etc, then there is a bit of doubt for me.

Cole is 19
I love young lads having a bit of swagger and confidence in their ability. I would encourage it
Might surprise you to learn that David was always the last man standing on every team boozing day. Drank them all under the table more than once. Kyle, Hart, Vinny, the lot
As if you couldn’t love the little guy any more

You've set the bar a tad high there. They could still be superstars and not get near Daves level

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.