It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

I’ve been in the camp of being a bit nervous by the number of players leaving us this summer, and one of the main reasons was having to name a bench of 9 players.

What we had last season, especially to the end, was a bench where half the players were youth academy lads who realistically weren’t going to be used. However with this need to fill the bench and the fact we seem to be letting a lot of these kids go my worry is that it will be even less experienced younger kids having to fill the bench.

To ease my concern I have listed out a possible starting lineup and a bench of 9 showing who will be left out completely and actually we should be pretty set even with 3/4 injuries at once.

Though if we were to lose anymore players without replacements I think we would be a bit to tight for comfort. Who are the next round of youngsters after the likes of Delap should more Leave?

Ederson
Walker Dias Stones Cancelo
De Bruyne Rodri Bernardo
Mahrez Haaland Foden

Subs
Ortega, Laporte, Cucurella, Ake, Phillips, Gundogan, Grealish, Alvarez, Palmer

Not selected
Carson, Zinchenko, McAtee, Mbete, Delap

Alvarez???
We signed Alvarez in the middle of the season for about 20m, it was essentially a deal to get ahead of the game with the 6 mth loan to complete the season he was already part of with river plate. Same as the Jesus deal.

Bellingham is 100m and we would be signing him as a replacement, the 2 aren't remotely similar imo

Last edited:
I’ve been in the camp of being a bit nervous by the number of players leaving us this summer, and one of the main reasons was having to name a bench of 9 players.

What we had last season, especially to the end, was a bench where half the players were youth academy lads who realistically weren’t going to be used. However with this need to fill the bench and the fact we seem to be letting a lot of these kids go my worry is that it will be even less experienced younger kids having to fill the bench.

To ease my concern I have listed out a possible starting lineup and a bench of 9 showing who will be left out completely and actually we should be pretty set even with 3/4 injuries at once.

Though if we were to lose anymore players without replacements I think we would be a bit to tight for comfort. Who are the next round of youngsters after the likes of Delap should more Leave?

Ederson
Walker Dias Stones Cancelo
De Bruyne Rodri Bernardo
Mahrez Haaland Foden

Subs
Ortega, Laporte, Cucurella, Ake, Phillips, Gundogan, Grealish, Alvarez, Palmer

Not selected
Carson, Zinchenko, McAtee, Mbete, Delap
fucking hell thats a strong bench , what are you worried about ?

Last edited:
Selling ten first team players bringing four in. Pep is going to work with a squad of fourteen next season, lol
Only sterling, Jesus, zini and ake are the ones who are first team player and we are replacing them with a Lb and st. Ake and sterling leaving I believe that we will only need a cb at and that will be it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.