It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Dias, like Cancelo, is better on the left side. Maybe it's something in Portugal that makes a right footer more comfortable on the left side - I don't know! Stones is better at RCB than Dias. Stones and Dias is clearly our best partnership as shown by how solid we were advancing to last year's final.

Laporte comes back in and the defensive capitulations come back in. Losing Walker makes a difference of course. Fully fit and under pressure he has the ability to drive into space and get us up the other end of the pitch. But Laporte has been directly at fault for a number of goals we've conceded in our CL exits.

We should be looking to replace him with someone quick, even if they're not consistently amazing defensively. It would make so much difference dealing with the counter to have someone who can win a foot race.
Might be our best partnership doesn't mean we can play it 60 games a season, He wasn't at fault for any last night. Replacing him with someone quick would be great, if they can offer what he does the other 90% of the game. I'm all for taking offers if wants to go, im also aware replacing him wont be simple.

Ederson
Bazunu (maybe not him — just a new backup keeper)
Carson

Cancelo
Walker

Dias
Stones
Laporte
Aké

Lodi?
Zinchenko (maybe replace with Hickey/Sergio Gomez)

Rodri

De Bruyne
Bernardo
Bellingham/De Jong
Grealish

Nkunku
Mahrez

Haaland

Foden
Álvarez

On Ederson, I wouldn’t replace him unless we can get Maignan. Steffen isn’t good enough to be our backup goalkeeper and I would like a new one but for I’m not sure who could replace him. Carson is obviously a experienced player who is important in the dressing room.

Cancelo on his day is the best fullback in the world but he’s very inconsistent so we need good depth in the full back position. I’ve seen people saying we should sell Cancelo which is very reactionary and people who say that haven’t watched many of our matches this season. Walker staying. As I said last night, vital component of our team.

Dias and Stones should stay and be our starting centre backs. Laporte is good and I’d like him to stay but if we get a decent offer then I wouldn’t be too upset if we can replace him with a good left footed centre back like Pau Torres or Gvardiol.

Left back is a position that desperately needs addressing. Theo Hernandez is the ideal choice but he recently extended with AC Milan. Renan Lodi might be a decent shout but I’m not too sure. Zinchenko isn’t a natural left back and I think he should be eventually replaced with Hickey or Sergio Gomez because Pep clearly doesn’t rate him.

Defensive midfielder is fine with Rodri and the depth being a central midfielder, such as De Jong or Bellingham. Fernandinho will leave at the end of the season.

De Bruyne and Bernardo should stay as starters. One of De Jong or Bellingham should be brought in as depth and to replace Gundogan. Grealish needs to be moved into midfield.

Our attack desperately needs a refresh with a striker and a few more direct wingers. I want Nkunku to join and Mahrez can stay for one more season or until Palmer is ready.

A striker is the gaping hole in our team and will be filled by Haaland.

Regarding left wingers, Foden and Álvarez will be good but Foden should eventually be moved into midfield. Sterling needs to leave and it seems to be decided that Jesus will leave.

I can’t imagine a more frustrating summer than us signing Matheus Nunes and Sergio Gomez as answers

Apologies for the repetition, I'm just lost at how everyone can see Stones should be playing every week apart from Pep, surely has something to with Laporte threatening to leave last summer?
I thought Pep was trying to manage John's minutes earlier in the season because of how injury prone he is.

Ya some things posted online about there being a clearance now in the summer and shk. Mansour being pissed about yesterday

Shit source, so not worth posting here
Where did you read about Mansour being pissed off?

I thought Pep was trying to manage John's minutes earlier in the season because of how injury prone he is.
I can't find the quote but I think like Laporte had started the season as first choice as Stones returned late from the Euros and Pep said he didn't want to drop Laporte as it would have been unfair so he's played ever since- obviously with injuries playing a big role in that

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.