It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Yaya said that Bony got a big payday, got lazy, and put his feet up.
Bony suffered a bout of malaria shortly after joining City.

We've seen many great players struggle to adapt in their first season. Going with two strikers with no experience of English football is risky.

Let's just hope they both hit the ground running!
Yaya would know all about that, during his last contract with us.

We've seen some great players struggle to adapt and others not.

Negotiating for his wages will be tough, apparently he wants wages around 300k.

I rather give Sterling wages to Bernardo than him as part of his contract extension imo.

Bayern won't sell this season even with the current contract dispute. And if they sell Lewandowski they may use that to extend Gnabry's contract. And if that doesn't materialize then they will just let run down his contract.

Ya fair point ! I think we will get a replacement if possible and not just depend on Palmer coming through

Slight issue with this is that Bernardo doesn’t want to negotiate a new contract.

Atleast our Club has been trying to give him new contract even offered him sterling wages. Whether he accepts it or not it's entirely different matter.

I will be upset if our club didn't even try to persuade him to sign a new contract.

Last edited:
Atleast our Club has been trying to give him new contract even offered him sterling wages. Whether he accepts it or not it's entirely different matter.

I will be upset if our club didn't even try to persuade him to sign a new contract.
So far he hasn’t, and if another player comes up and eats his wage rise, he only has himself to blame. He has a long contract with us and hold no cards at the moment.

The offer of a fresh contract should be a sufficient amount of 'persuasion'. If the lad wants to go, for any reason, then he wants to go.

It's his business, and any 'persuasion' beyond a contract offer would be unacceptable. Whatever his personal reasons are, they're unlikely to just disappear, and we'll be left with a player whose heart isn't really in it, who wants away... Much the same as Raheem.

The offer of a fresh contract should be a sufficient amount of 'persuasion'. If the lad wants to go, for any reason, then he wants to go.

It's his business, and any 'persuasion' beyond a contract offer would be unacceptable. Whatever his personal reasons are, they're unlikely to just disappear, and we'll be left with a player whose heart isn't really in it, who wants away... Much the same as Raheem.
The difference with Bernie though is I get the feeling he’s accepting of the price that is on his head, surely he knows we aren’t going to accept any less than say 80mil for him in which case it’s down to a club to pony up or fuck off.

The difference with Bernie though is I get the feeling he’s accepting of the price that is on his head, surely he knows we aren’t going to accept any less than say 80mil for him in which case it’s down to a club to pony up or fuck off.
This is what I'm getting at... if the lad isn't happy, he's not going to be 100% committed. He'll drift through the last year of his contract, just waiting to leave. As I said, just like Raheem.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.