It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Sane is unplayable but only when he feels like it, a few days later he start playing like he can’t wait for the match to end. Pep is never taking him back, and it doesn’t seem like anything changed at Bayern. He’s still the same Sane.

I don’t know if it was maturity or a football intelligence thing. I’m only posting my opinion of why Pep didn’t trust him enough as he’s never spoken about it. My guess was Sane would give up posession by making the wrong choice at the wrong time and it was that inability to learn that frustrated Pep.
If thats the case I don’t think its about maturity or even application it may just be a skill he hasn’t got that Pep needs.
It appears he is having similar problems at Bayern as he had at City but he did have the skill to at least play in Pep's system.

It appears he is having similar problems at Bayern as he had at City but he did have the skill to at least play in Pep's system.
I haven't seen Sane much under Nagelsmann, but saw him a few times under Flick who is also the German team coach. Flick plays him more as a #10 which doesn't suit him at all. He's not a playmaker. He should be the one on the wing getting behind defences not trying to make things happen down the middle. At least Pep suited his strengths.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.