It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

We were already playing 3-5-2 last season, even if people thought that it was 4-4-3 :D

Walker was always staying back and Cancelo playing upfront like a winger..

-------------------Ederson------------------------
----Walker--------Ruben----------Laporte------
---------------------Rodri--------------------------
--------KDB---------------Bernardo-----Cancelo
Mahrez-------------Jesus----------Foden--------

So traditional 3-5-2 with 3 heavy centre-backs isn't as good as the above one..

We knew his ceiling was high and we also knew that he was making the wrong move albeit situational, shame. Pep wanted him to stay as well didn't he, would still take him, just one of those players who glided across the pitch effortlessly

Would love to see him return, but that ship has sailed unfortunately.

I don't know why you all are so worried, I for one am very relaxed. They can go if they want to, better ones will come to take their place!
That's all, no need to overthink it! Well, it's not Kdb's or Foden's or Dias leaving...
The vast majority aren't worried, its only the extreme minority of flappers on Bluenoon who are making their voices heard.

There’s not a lot of point in you commenting any further until 1st September, when the market has closed.
Again, I'm not the one saying this guy is worth this much, that guy is not worth a penny more than x, and all the other blustering claims...Cucurella is rated above Zinny...you can apply whatever numbers come into your head...

photofunny.net__final_3613203488553141114_origen.gif
Hahaha, why hasn't this got more likes, it's probably the funniest post I've seen on here for a while... Take a bow @AcceptedWalnut

Again, I'm not the one saying this guy is worth this much, that guy is not worth a penny more than x, and all the other blustering claims...Cucurella is rated above Zinny...you can apply whatever numbers come into your head...
Brighton don’t want to sell Cucurella as he is one of their best players.

We‘re not as bothered about Zinchenko as he is a squad player. A damn fine one mind.

There won’t be that much difference in price between the two, which can also be put down to OZ being older too.

We were already playing 3-5-2 last season, even if people thought that it was 4-4-3 :D

Walker was always staying back and Cancelo playing upfront like a winger..

-------------------Ederson------------------------
----Walker--------Ruben----------Laporte------
---------------------Rodri--------------------------
--------KDB---------------Bernardo-----Cancelo
Mahrez-------------Jesus----------Foden--------

So traditional 3-5-2 with 3 heavy centre-backs isn't as good as the above one..
Yes we have too many attackers to play with 2 traditional wingbacks.

As your formation shows, currently we play with sort of 5 "attacking players" with Cancelo as an addition.

Mahrez replacing the "right wing back" means how we already play is more attacking than 352.

Even still, I'd say last season we start with 451 on paper, but KdB pushed up with the striker so it became 442, then Cancelo would go wide and it became 352.

That being said, I believe this season Pep will likely go double wide attacking fullbacks (he was kind of veering this way last season) and then play a midfield 2.

So go from 4231 --> 2251 (both fullbacks high) or just rotating one wide fullback as a 3241 (more conservative and perhaps likely).

If we are doing that, we need another CB even if Ake doesn’t leave!
4 is plenty. As I said, if Rodri steps into MF during attacks you leave 2 CB and a WB. You can pick any 3 of laporte, Dias, stones, Rodri/Phillips/walker and Ake's replacement to start in the back 3. Loads of cover. Walker does it for England after all

Not saying it's gonna be out default, but if we're targeting a wing back it's a logical option when you look at who has left and who has arrived to date. Imo, of course

4 is plenty. As I said, if Rodri steps into MF during attacks you leave 2 CB and a WB. You can pick any 3 of laporte, Dias, stones, Rodri/Phillips/walker and Ake's replacement to start in the back 3. Loads of cover. Walker does it for England after all

Not saying it's gonna be out default, but if we're targeting a wing back it's a logical option when you look at who has left and who has arrived to date. Imo, of course
3 at the back only works with Walker because of his recovery pace. See Real Madrid games for proof of that!

3 at the back only works with Walker because of his recovery pace. See Real Madrid games for proof of that!
Possibly yes, but the system I'm talking about would alway have one of the wingbacks in the 3 if we're attacking and open for counter attack. If we're attacking up the left, walker/cancelo drops in. Attack up the right and cucurella drops in to provide cover.

Tbf, it's a variation on what we played last year for the most part but with greater onus on the wingbacks producing chances.

Could be totally wrong but adding Alvarez, Phillips, haaland and cucurella then losing wide attackers like raz and (last season) Gabby it would appear to me that wingbacks with 2 up top or at least a 9 and deeper 10 is what we're trying to achieve - if only as a second game plan.

Regardless, we're scoring bucket loads next season

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.