It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Felix or Leao, no way would we let Sterling go without a replacement, Palmer looks a prospect but he is very much one for the future.
Joao Felix or Jude Bellingham would be the ones for me.

Felix as he would make us literally unplayable in attack (regardless of form, injury or luck you cant prevent all of Haaland, Alvarez, Felix, Mahrez, Grealish, Silva & De Bruyne from scoring against you)

&

Bellingham would tie up the no.8 position for years to come (and cause an unfathomable amount of noise both here and abroad).

In either case, Javier Tebas would have a brain aneurysm, which can only be a good thing.

The fact that we are selling a lot of players misleads some (ITKs) into thinking that we are preparing the arrival of a big star. I think the reasons why we are selling more players this summer are different: to improve on some squad players (Steffen, Ferna, Ake, Zinch...), to get money for players who will leave on a free next summer (Sterling, Jesus) and to cash in from academy players with options to sign them back if they prove their worth. Nothing to do with Neymar or Messi or Felix....IMO.

I'd like to see us with Neymar and KDB creating chances: that would be one of the most creative teams in history, up there with Barca 09-11. It's not likely to happen, though. We didn't sign Grealish for 100m to keep him on the bench.

Whilst that may be the general policy, there are obviously exceptions. We tried to get Messi last summer, after all, and Neymar is a fair bit younger. Not saying that I think it will necessarily happen, but Guardiola clearly rates him highly and Soriano has long wanted a global star to boost our profile overseas. I guess you could argue Haaland fits that profile, but Neymar would be on another level in terms of the attention it would generate, particularly in South America.

Fair enough, while it is rare, if the right player fits the bill age might not be the only thing that stops it.

I'm going to stick with I see no chance of Neymar happening, or even the club being interested really. My own opinion.

Felix or Leao, no way would we let Sterling go without a replacement, Palmer looks a prospect but he is very much one for the future.
He in future only if he has spot. If we keep kn buying them there will be no future for him eg Lavia. Phillips and Rodri means he won't get any time and hence sold

Fair enough, while it is rare, if the right player fit the bill age might kot be the only thing that stops it.

I'm going to stick with Insee no chance of Neymar happening, or even the club being interested really. My own opinion.
Not doubting 93:20 but I’m with you. I don’t personally see Neymar as a fit for us. On top of that, I don’t see how we get so late into the Summer and all of a sudden Neymar rocks up at City after zero links in the media.

I just think this Neymar link is unsubstantiated bs. Two clubs in the prem would be interested, rags and Newcastle. Rags because they'd pay whatever, and Newcastle for a galactico signing, one they haven't made yet. He doesn't fit City's profile in any way shape or form, and if Pep was judging him in our last encounters with PSG then he'd be near the bottom of the pile for potential new players

The fact that we are selling a lot of players misleads some (ITKs) into thinking that we are preparing the arrival of a big star. I think the reasons why we are selling more players this summer are different: to improve on some squad players (Steffen, Ferna, Ake, Zinch...), to get money for players who will leave on a free next summer (Sterling, Jesus) and to cash in from academy players with options to sign them back if they prove their worth. Nothing to do with Neymar or Messi or Felix....IMO.

I'd like to see us with Neymar and KDB creating chances: that would be one of the most creative teams in history, up there with Barca 09-11. It's not likely to happen, though. We didn't sign Grealish for 100m to keep him on the bench.

I think using the word misleads is a bit too early to say on this one,he’s claimed something huge (allegedly) is gonna happen,and from there posters have concluded who they think it is,just a case of sitting tight I suppose to see if anymore info dripped out today,but it’s a fairly bold statement which could be true or could be shit,but I’d a feeling something could be going on in background.

South American audience and shirt sales probably a no brainier, as a player and what seems like his persona however-wanker,but hey ho all part of the ride isn’t it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.