It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

It’s a term used to describe the shift in political and societal discourse during the 21st century away from fact and towards opinion, which as it requires little rational basis is wide open to manipulation - beyond truth - well summed up by Michael Gove’s statement that people in the uk have ‘had enough of experts’

The theory is this lack of trust means people try to find their own truth, and seek out people whose opinions they have decided are reliable around which to base their belief systems, rather than trying to find the facts behind the issues they’re looking into.

Whilst this has always been the case to a point, it’s the absence of fact and a mistrust of expert opinion when trying to understand often highly complex issues which leads to the more absurd conspiracy theories out there - of the type le Tissier seems to support.
Thanks

TLDR version - Ignoring other people’s bollocks and making your own up.

Eagerly waiting on 93.20Blue's Neymar update, still nothing?
I always watched out for what 93.20blue used to put but when he started saying "I predicted this right and that right" you could tell he was bullshitting. Our other ITK's don't tend to do that. I doubt we'll hear from him again OR it'll be the old "I was reliably informed (Jim White style) it was happening but it was too complicated and we pulled out" I wouldn't stand by your beds on this one people

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.