It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Too many ‘ifs’ in your post. The club isn’t run to work on hypotheticals

Naive.

Every club plans the future, and everything about the future is hypothetical, e.g. "If we sign Haaland we'll score more goals" or "If we sign Cucu we'll have a better LB than Zinch", and so on.

SUMMARY: For any visitors who look in on this thread and want a quick update but no more…

0 Out

1 In

Cucurella to CITY

Cucurella deal no further on. The clubs seem no closer on valuations. Borna Sosa is the favourite alternative if a deal cannot be struck.

City rejected an offer of £16 million for Delap from Southampton.

City are deciding whether to loan McAtee or keep him. Half the PL want him on loan so the decision is likely to a joint one between City and the player.

Today has all been about Esbrand. His first team performances have been so good that some posters, who thought we needed two left backs, now think we need only one. Some that thought we needed only one now think we don’t need any. Another stream of thought is that we should still buy a left back but as a back up to Esbrand. Everyone wants a solution before we play West Ham given that any new signing will have already missed most if not all all our pre season training.

We have a brilliant Academy.

The window closes 11PM on 1st September.

I’ll post one of these most evenings around this time on this thread

You are welcome.

Please note this isn’t a summary of what is in the news, what I reckon or what will definitely happen. It’s only a summary of what is currently being discussed on the transfer forum

Last edited:
Naive.

Every club plans the future, and everything about the future is hypothetical, e.g. "If we sign Haaland we'll score more goals" or "If we sign Cucu we'll have a better LB than Zinch", and so on.
Not at all. I could easily counter your argument by asking what if JWE has more injury setbacks, we miss out on Cucurella cos all of our eggs are in JWE's basket and Cucurella signs for one of our rivals and turns out to be a world class left back?

A lot can change very quickly in football and we need a left back now - can't afford to wait for a largely unproven 18 year old, who has been hampered by injuries for the last 2 seasons, to perhaps fulfil his potential. If he is good enough, and better than Cucurella, then he will replace him

Btw it’s ridiculous to include Haaland in this conversation as we knew we were signing a proven goalscorer

The way I see it is we will go into the season with
Cancelo/Walker/New LB/JWE with Cancelo also playing left back when we want to start him and Walker together.

We are signing Cucurella imo, just need to be patient. No chance they miss out on this player after selling Zinchenko. He’s absolute class from what I’ve seen & also clearly fits the nice guy tag Pep likes. Feisty fucker too on the pitch, will be a great addition.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.