It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Yes and that is a valid argument. I am sure pep will get it right. The only reason I would advocate Ake over Cancelo is due to the big man up front needing time. I would rather we stay compact and hard to break down while Haaland is adjusting. Cancelo can be released at the appropriate time in games or when the new players are up to speed with the system/tactic.
Let’s help new striker settle in by getting less players near to him. Logical.

SUMMARY: For any visitors who look in on this thread and want a quick update but no more…

0 Out

0 In

Full Back Situation: As things stand the Cucurella transfer is dead in the water with neither side moving and the gap in valuation way too large. City are one week away from starting the season with only two first team squad full backs. City are now looking elsewhere with many names in the frame. One option now closed to City is David Raum who has moved to Leipzig. Bluemoon poster’s most mentioned names currently are Sosa and Nouri.

7 days to the start of our season.

The window closes 11PM on 1st September (30 days left)

I’ll post one of these most evenings around this time on this thread

You are welcome.

Please note this isn’t a summary of what is in the news, what I reckon or what will definitely happen. It’s only a summary of what is currently being discussed on the transfer forum

Last edited:
Let’s help him settle by getting beat and run ragged instead?
Your argument is that we will “get beat and run ragged” playing our usual style which we should dump and adopt defensive stragegy instead.

We won’t and don’t need to.

Pep makes subtle changes (eg. Bernardo or Gundogan sitting a bit deeper to create two deeper midfielders which he might do with Phillips) but he won’t and shouldn’t reduce our forward output. Thank god.

We should hopefully increase our ability to counter when we get the chance this season but that won’t come about by “sitting back” like some suggest. That’s not possible when the opposition retreat from kick off.

Your argument is that we will “get beat and run ragged” playing our usual style which we should dump and adopt defensive stragegy instead.

Pep makes subtle changes (eg. Bernardo or Gundogan sitting a bit deeper to create two deeper midfielders which he might do with Phillips) but he won’t and shouldn’t reduce our forward output. Thank god.

We should hopefully increase our ability to counter when we get the chance this season but that won’t come about by “sitting back” like some suggest. That’s not possible when the opposition retreat from kick off.
I did not say we should dump our usual style but a subtle tweak maybe needed to ensure we pick up maximum points in the first 3/4 games. The team is clearly not as sharp as other teams at this early stage.

I don’t want to see Cancelo getting done time and time again on the counter. West Ham are not Liverpool but still have players who can cause us damage if we are not at the races.

So yes I would rather we start Ake as Lb with stones, Dias and Walker. We will be a tougher team to score against. Losing a little bit of creativity in exchange for a more combative team. Foden instead of Grealish would also be welcome.

You’re acting like putting ake at Lb is insane because it offers more defensive stability.

Get over yourself dude. That’s one of the reasons we gave to him for why we want to keep him.

Don’t act like a normal suggestion is an idiotic thought.

I did not say we should dump our usual style but a subtle tweak maybe needed to ensure we pick up maximum points in the first 3/4 games. The team is clearly not as sharp as other teams at this early stage.

I don’t want to see Cancelo getting done time and time again on the counter. West Ham are not Liverpool but still have players who can cause us damage if we are not at the races.

So yes I would rather we start Ake as Lb with stones, Dias and Walker. We will be a tougher team to score against. Losing a little bit of creativity in exchange for a more combative team. Foden instead of Grealish would also be welcome.
We won the league last year with Cancelo playing at left back the fact Zinechnko has left has only changed our options at left back it has not changed our ability. You could argue we are stronger with the other additions to the team so why would you go more defensive

We won the league last year with Cancelo playing at left back the fact Zinechnko has left has only changed our options at left back it has not changed our ability. You could argue we are stronger with the other additions to the team so why would you go more defensive
Based on pre season we look weak down the left side. Yes we won the league but that’s done now. Cancelo has been out of form for a while. With Haaland up front we need to protect the defence when the wingers lose the ball by cutting into a packed defence. Current city looked leggy and we don’t want an end to end game with so little match fitness.

I would rather win 0-1 at West Ham and be secure at the back. Having an out and out forward will leave us exposed. We are so used to another midfielder pressing from the front.

Based on pre season we look weak down the left side. Yes we won the league but that’s done now. Cancelo has been out of form for a while. With Haaland up front we need to protect the defence when the wingers lose the ball by cutting into a packed defence. Current city looked leggy and we don’t want an end to end game with so little match fitness.

I would rather win 0-1 at West Ham and be secure at the back. Having an out and out forward will leave us exposed. We are so used to another midfielder pressing from the front.
Cancelo had a terrible end to the season, hoping it was too many minutes but he wasn't at the races again

We seem to go into new seasons undercooked, it must be planned as keeps happening but you can't really fault the plan as it appears to work

Cancelo had a terrible end to the season, hoping it was too many minutes but he wasn't at the races again

We seem to go into new seasons undercooked, it must be planned as keeps happening but you can't really fault the plan as it appears to work
Plan is a success so no complaints here. I would rather we not drop silly points this early on and that is why I advocate Ake as lb.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.