It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

If we don't need a top class left back then jwe can cover as can ake no point paying money for average players wen we have players in who can cover that position to a similar level.
Zinchenko was a top class player when we got him? What is this obsession with top class players? We don't need 22 top class players. We get players and make then top class. Jwe lacks experience and the important thing is he is very injury prone

We're not in transition. Mahrez we have Palmer coming through and other options. Gundogan isn't a starter currently so can be replaced. Walker I'd have hoped we'd have cover for already, considering Cancelo is now a LB... it's a weakness in the squad but he's definitely replaceable. De Bruyne can't be replaced and we'll have to find a different way of playing but it's not something to worry about currently considering how long he has left.

A transition would be losing Pep. Or losing Dias, Rodri, De Bruyne and Foden in the same summer.

What we are currently is a very good squad that, through allowing players to leave when they want to, has created a major problem at full back. We can't go into this season with 6 defensive options. Wilson Esbrand currently has to play. He has to be coming on at LB after 60-70minutes and starting several games so that Cancelo can give Walker a rest on the right. That's far from ideal. Chelsea and Liverpool will change both of their full backs when games are won in the league and CL. Whilst it's a less important creative role in our side, it's still worrying to only have two natural full backs (I'm not convinced Wilson Esbrand will get used as much as I'd like to see). We needed a LB before Zinchenko left.
Not going to argue my friend..we have a great squad..losing Raheem, Jesus, Zin...new players coming in..Palmer for Mahrez..to me that is transition..just semantics..!!!!

Maybe they have gone quite for a reason, the club is what feeds them, I have always though we will be signing more than they mentioned.

For me Sterling has to be replaced, talk of Palmer getting a lot of minutes is nonsense for me, Alvarez replaces Jesus, so we have plenty of room for another wide player.

And Zinchenko went before we secured Cucurella, either the club arrogantly thought that the deal was done or we have another lined up quietly, just like when Dias came.

Was there one rumor before Dias signed? I don't remember one

i hope we get a winger and a left back mate but i do personally think we had an air of arrogance with the Cucurella transfer, with us thinking our offer would be accepted and maybe on the agents say so?

Zin transfer was/is a problem but there will be some clubs willing to deal at a good price…the trick is to have at least a couple of players in mind so that the selling club thinks you may move to the on to the other guy which is what City usually do. We may have been over confident with Cucu though, ironically, the money they wanted was silly…and Chelsea have just paid it by the sounds of things.

Hopefully we can get someone in. That Cucurella money is insane. No problem with us missing out at that price.

Usually city don’t buy in the winter but the fact pep mentioned it means they don’t think anyone is currently available. We should start seeing names appear in October

i hope we get a winger and a left back mate but i do personally think we had an air of arrogance with the Cucurella transfer, with us thinking our offer would be accepted and maybe on the agents say so?
On the agents say so, Charlie Kane style? ;)

Would you rather we had paid £62m for him? Had you even heard of him 12 months ago?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.