It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Don’t get silly. We’re one player short of where we would ideally be.

Anyone who is sold from our first team squad will be replaced before September.
Which I think is bad, and that we should be no players short when the season starts. We can just agree to disagree, I think its good to have the squad done when the season starts, you see no reason to why we would sort it out that soon. We can just leave it at that.

Which I think is bad, and that we should be no players short when the season starts. We can just agree to disagree, I think its good to have the squad done when the season starts, you see no reason to why we would sort it out that soon. We can just leave it at that.
We tried to do just that. Unfortunately the Cucurella deal didn't happen.

Ok. You should too then.

Here’s a nice conspiracy for you. Chelsea are actively trying to hurt us this summer.

Sterling. Enough said, then, go in for our LB choice, overly inflate the price so that the market is difficult, followed by their immediate interest in De Jong. This would open Barcelona to buy Bernardo.

Food for thought.

Does big boys think starting the season with 5 senior defenders and potentially sellibg a key player for half his value is a good idea? Seems more like what you are describing is an idiot, not a big boy.
5 senior defenders is more than most teams & POTENTIALLY is an assumption

We are never going to have 10/10 transfer windows. Everyone else demanding this is a bit childish.
It simply isn't possible because it pre-supposes that every single transfer is conducted by people with integrity and honour, whereas the chance of a deal falling through at a late stage is actually quite high - seller second thoughts; player second thoughts; gazumping; player's family...the list of risk to finalising deals goes on, and on.

Last edited:
We tried to do just that. Unfortunately the Cucurella deal didn't happen.
Oh did we, I had not seen that..
The problem is obviously that we waited until one week before the season started to bid for him, he has been mentioned with us since May. We could have started biding 2 months ago and had his alternative here 1 month ago. Or waited to sell Zinchenko until we had a replacement lined up. Its been 3 months since the season ended and I assume Txiki had his list with potential LBs done in February. No need to wait until August to get it done, which is what Im complaining about.

Last edited:
Oh did we, I had not seen that..
The problem ia obviously that we waited until one week before the season started to bid for him, he has been mentioned with us since May. We could have started biding 2 months ago and had his alternative here 1 month ago. Or waited to sell Zinchenko until we had a replacement lined up. Its been 3 months since the season ended and I assume Txiki had his list with potential LBs done in February. No need to wait until August to get it done, which is what Im complaining about.
I thought you were going to leave it?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.