It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

We now have a left footed left back. Similar to Zinchenko at the start of his career with us, albeit with more speed.

What we still don’t have is a “proper” left back, who you’d back to stop Salah scoring.
To be fair the way we play and Salah's ability I wouldn't be putting money on any left back to stop him scoring.

To be fair the way we play and Salah's ability I wouldn't be putting money on any left back to stop him scoring.
Which is why I’m slightly surprised it hasn’t been in Pep’s thinking. He’s all about stopping the opposition being able to attack.

Maybe he’s worked out a way to stop Salah receiving the ball.

Yes, but 21 registered and nobody good enough to add to it which is what we had until a couple of years ago is the same as 19 registered but having 2 players Foden and Palmer able to play meanigful minutes. As you point out Palmer remains to be seen , but if Peps happy that will do me.
Extreme example if we thought we had 12 club trained /u21 good enough to play ever week we wouldn't still need 21 registered players, 10 would be enough.

That is fair, can'treally disagree with that. The other thing we are ignoring, me more than you, is how good Pep is, to work with whatever squad he has.

Ultimately, whether it is enough or not, is a separate discussion, one I try and avoid. It is a matter of opinion and I get the other side.

What I do get drawn into is claims that the numbers are the same, which is just not true. Which then turns into a 'yeah but it is enough' discussion. As has happened here.

I still don't think it is, myself. I think this particular team and this manager at this time should be competing for all trophies, and last season has shown a smaller squad makes that damn difficult even for Pep, and it would be a pity to go into a 60 game season having to make do. That's all.

That is fair, can'treally disagree with that. The other thing we are ignoring, me more than you, is how good Pep is, to work with whatever squad he has.

Ultimately, whether it is enough or not, is a separate discussion, one I try and avoid. It is a matter of opinion and I get the other side.

What I do get drawn into is claims that the numbers are the same, which is just not true. Which then turns into a 'yeah but it is enough' discussion. As has happened here.

I still don't think it is, myself. I think this particular team and this manager at this time should be competing for all trophies, and last season has shown a smaller squad makes that damn difficult even for Pep, and it would be a pity to go into a 60 game season having to make do. That's all.
We were immature, and a bit rattled at the Bernabeu.

We were a couple of inches at home, from 5-0 in the first 35 minutes against Real.

Sometimes, it just doesn’t happen.

We lost the FA because our squad was simply not up for it.

We had a worse squad last season than this.

I feel we are better, matured, ripe in our actions, and will fuck team left right and centre this season.

If it happens, it happens, if it doesn’t it doesn’t. One thing i can tell you, come April we’ll be there.

We were immature, and a bit rattled at the Bernabeu.

We were a couple of inches at home, from 5-0 in the first 35 minutes against Real.

Sometimes, it just doesn’t happen.

We lost the FA because our squad was simply not up for it.

We had a worse squad last season than this.

I feel we are better, matured, ripe in our actions, and will fuck team left right and centre this season.

If it happens, it happens, if it doesn’t it doesn’t. One thing i can tell you, come April we’ll be there.

Erling would have had 5 himself in the Madrid game at home! Lol

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.