It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

I don't get why people say this stuff with any conviction.

The only reason I can think of is that you've spent too long ingesting the shite all over social media from people who also know fuck all.
Because the top one is obviously a dipper or rag. Don't bother with them. Sad little, obsessed, mentally disturbed keyboard warriors :)))

In a post-covid world, can anyone even afford to pay €200,000,000 / £170,000,000 for a player?

Bearing in mind it's a release clause, so 100% is due up front.

PSG are the only club in the world who can pay that IMO. Barcelona and Bayern Munich certainly can't.

Real Madrid are the obvious "threat" but the last time Perez spent €150m on someone it was Hazard and he's been a complete failure.
Hazard cost £89 million.

What has already been sent me is that complete fiction that Real Madrid sent wild offers to PSG for Mbappe last summer entering his final year. What a surprise: they let that rumor go without comment exactly because it made them look financially much stronger than they actually are… (and PSG also much welcomed the headlines of them rejecting such amount)

Hazard cost £89 million.

What has already been sent me is that complete fiction that Real Madrid sent wild offers to PSG for Mbappe last summer entering his final year. What a surprise: they let that rumor go without comment exactly because it made them look financially much stronger than they actually are… (and PSG also much welcomed the headlines of them rejecting such amount)

No, That was the initial fee. The total was €150m (I believe that was £141 at the time) and Chelsea had earned £20m from the addons in just his first season because they were so easy to get.

Why would they contemplate one at all? Our policy couldnt be clearer, players can leave when they wish to leave, release clause or not. If they can find a buying club with the right offer for us.

I don't believe for one second there is a release clause. Not because of what Gus, Tolmie or anyone else says, not because of what I think of Bild, but because purely based everything that I know to have happened to date, at least as publicly available.

I think there is a release clause personally. Not sure why I do, though.

However, us having history of letting players leave if they want to is all well and good but the mentality of ‘that’s ok then, I won’t give myself that security’ isn’t going to be the same for all players.

You only have to look at Kane and his ‘gentlemen’s agreement’ to see that players will probably want some form of safety net.

Lol the guy is max doing 3 years and leaving
And if so we have seen one of the best striker in this generation in a Man City shirt and it is 3 years of silverware. He does have a choice to stay and many players have stayed throughout their career at city, the fans will absolutely love him and cheer his name every game he plays and he can have a affection towards the fans and that makes his mind up to stay

At the end of the day if the clause did exist, he'd have to be phenomenal for us for someone to come in and pay €200m. Apparently De Ligt (another Raiola client) has one for €120m kicking in this summer but nobody is talking about that because he hasn't been good enough for someone to pay it.

If someone is coming in a few years down the road and paying €200m for him then he's probably won the Balon D'or with us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.