It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Six - Salah, Mané, Jota, Diaz, Firmino, Origi

That said, they do play three actual forwards rather than attacking midfielders taking up those positions as they often do for City
I was unsure whether to include Diaz as he is similar to what Mahrez and Sterling are for us,only more threatening,aggressive,and effective!

Exactly,i think a few are expecting a raw Aguero type signing with Alvarez.

Felix is proven in Europe,he wouldnt be a luxury.
As I keep reminding people, Aguero had years at Atletico Madrid before he joined, he was infinitely more experienced at the high level

On the face of it, it doesn't look like we need another forward but I'm not so sure.

Haaland - Aguero's replacement.
Alvarez - Unknown quantity coming from a completely different league. May or may not work out.
Mahrez - Just turned 31 and about to enter last year of contract.
Sterling - If he doesn't leave this summer it will probably be next summer on a free.
Foden - Will likely be moved in to midfield in the next couple of seasons.
Grealish - Think he'll eventually be a back-up to one of the number 8s as he's not a goal threat.
Jesus - Reportedly wants to move.

If we can work out a swap deal involving Jesus I think it's a no brainer personally.

I expect next summer City will be replacing one of Sterling or Mahrez with an out and out winger. Felix isn't that IMO, no matter how talented he is.

I've never really mentioned Alvarez because for the most part you're right, it may or may not work out. We've got Grealish, Foden, Mahrez, Sterling going into next season for 2 positions before we count Palmer and Alvarez. Pep doesn't like a big squad and he doesn't like having too many senior players on the bench. I expect it's a headache because someone is always unhappy.

My guess is that in terms of attackers, Alvarez and Haaland will be the only signings with Jesus being the only outgoing.

I would like us to sign Borna Sosa. Don't know why we haven't been linked yet.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.