It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

That seems a bit of a silly rule to me. It means that the top clubs aren’t likely to fill their quota of club trained as they can’t afford to play their youngsters much unless they are elite level.
Clubs pick up players from 5-6, they dont have to be playing for the first team just any level at the club between 15-21 for 3 full seasons.

That seems a bit of a silly rule to me. It means that the top clubs aren’t likely to fill their quota of club trained as they can’t afford to play their youngsters much unless they are elite level.

Agree 100%.

That's how it seems to be though. Someone did go right into the rule book at one point and found the exact definition. I said the same back then too, but it ain't up to me.

I guess it maybe is intended to stop clubs stockpiling players.

Clubs pick up players from 5-6, they dont have to be playing for the first team just any level at the club between 15-21 for 3 full seasons.
Sure, but talented youngsters move to bigger clubs later on and people develop at different rates.

If they are getting an education at th parent club and being loaned out for experience, that surely shouldn’t hamper their club trained status.

Agree 100%.

That's how it seems to be though. Someone did go right into the rule book at one point and found the exact definition. I said the same back then too, but it ain't up to me.

I guess it maybe is intended to stop clubs stockpiling players.
Fair enough and can see that side too.

I guess no club really needs 25 players anyway. 7 wouldn‘t be in the matchday squad each week.

Maybe it will change once the 5 sub rule comes in and 9 are on the bench. It should result in more youngsters getting game time, but mostly at 3-0 up for us!

Fair enough and can see that side too.

I guess no club really needs 25 players anyway. 7 wouldn‘t be in the matchday squad each week.

Maybe it will change once the 5 sub rule comes in and 9 are on the bench. It should result in more youngsters getting game time, but mostly at 3-0 up for us!

It is an interesting one. Imo, by making the registration lie with the club a player plays for on loan, rather than the parent club he is employed by, the rule almost ensures the players will be sold for profit rather than kept at the club if they get good enough. One of the points of the loan of a young player should be to give them time to develop so they can then step into a regular role. If that time away doesnt count towards their status at the club, then it certainly feels counterintuitive.

Sure, but talented youngsters move to bigger clubs later on and people develop at different rates.

If they are getting an education at th parent club and being loaned out for experience, that surely shouldn’t hamper their club trained status.
Yeah, just mean they cant get em in, have another club traint them and put them up for X years and still take the club benefit etc.

Think what he means is city of old would be done and dusted in the league and we would never throw away 7 points like we have done . When teans do sit back we struggle with our he counter but looks like next season we will changing that .
I don’t half find you utterly depressing…

You invariably have fuck all positive to say and 60% of the time, you are right all the time, your mrs must look like Phillip schofield….

You do realise we made it a 16 pt swing, having been 9pts behind them at one point? No it slipped the mind right? They have had a maximum possible gap of 5pts with the games in hand they had, so they’ve clawed back 4…

Go get laid, have a glass of vino or spend time with loved ones, whatever it is that gives you joy as it clearly isn’t City and feels like self abuse from where I’m sitting…

All these sphincters who are quick to jump down the throat of one of the best teams this country has ever produced (without a striker), are insufferable cunts and deserve no association to what is dished up, half would give a left knacker for a return to mediocrity as it would somehow reinforce their point that Pep is shit….

Anyway, I’m off to get laid, have a glass of vino, spend time with a loved one, all with my city Pjs on!

It is an interesting one. Imo, by making the registration lie with the club a player plays for on loan, rather than the parent club he is employed by, the rule almost ensures the players will be sold for profit rather than kept at the club if they get good enough. One of the points of the loan of a young player should be to give them time to develop so they can then step into a regular role. If that time away doesnt count towards their status at the club, then it certainly feels counterintuitive.
I guess it could be to encourage clubs to 'grow their own'. A player who comes through an academy prior to being 15, could do their 36 months at the club by the time they're 18, still giving plenty time to go out on loan to get experience before they're ready to step up to the first team

I don’t half find you utterly depressing…

You invariably have fuck all positive to say and 60% of the time, you are right all the time, your mrs must look like Phillip schofield….

You do realise we made it a 16 pt swing, having been 9pts behind them at one point? No it slipped the mind right? They have had a maximum possible gap of 5pts with the games in hand they had, so they’ve clawed back 4…

Go get laid, have a glass of vino or spend time with loved ones, whatever it is that gives you joy as it clearly isn’t City and feels like self abuse from where I’m sitting…

All these sphincters who are quick to jump down the throat of one of the best teams this country has ever produced (without a striker), are insufferable cunts and deserve no association to what is dished up, half would give a left knacker for a return to mediocrity as it would somehow reinforce their point that Pep is shit….

Anyway, I’m off to get laid, have a glass of vino, spend time with a loved one, all with my city Pjs on!
Tbh don’t really give 2 Fucks what you think .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.