It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

But have they ? Do we know anything ? Just seems odd he is very expensive and not working where he currently is and not a priority position
We don’t know really about any targets but that hasn’t stopped people from talking about Cucurella and Phillips as near done deals. With Felix, we know we could be losing a player and there would be an opening for a deal there given who the agent is and our relationship with him.

But are we sure of anything ? And why him he is very expensive not a priority position unless they are leaving and not working out how he should where he is. We need to ask why and be careful
Is anyone here sure of anything? Lmao
No one is denying he will cost money, but the opportunity could be there. Like I said yesterday, we could use this window and still the draw of Pep to attract this kind of talent and be set for what, the decade?, upfront.

They do have better strength in depth than us and we're going to be losing more players. Not sure João Felix is someone I expect us to bring in but we do need numbers and it would be nice if they're quality players rather than just an extra body.

Can't see this one happening unless a player is going the other way though. Haaland and Alvarez were relatively cheap but an extra €75m going to Atletico might leave us a bit short when it comes to reinforcing other positions. That will be about €150m on the attack alone and we're in need of a holding midfielder and a (please, if there is a god) left back.

I'd love him here but it doesn't seem like it should be a priority right now unless we can get a really fucking good deal.

Haaland Alvarez Sterling Mahrez Grealish Foden is crazy good. I do think we need a couple of CM’s but our squad is better than theirs in terms of quality and depth is relative. You can have loads of average players sat around or you can have the quality we have. Just my opinion of course. I can see a lot of people rate theirs more than ours.

On Felix. You’ve nailed it. We’d need to lose Sterling or Mahrez to sign another attacker and IMO neither will go because no one will pay their value and neither player will want to force a move away. And even if they left Felix isn’t a wide player or a winger.

I’m surprised on Bluemoon there’s such a focus on attacking options. Everywhere else i talk to blues the focus is CM and full back.

I hope we do get two CM's and a left back.

Squad would be much better and stronger.

Just not Kalvin Phillips though! :)

Haaland Alvarez Sterling Mahrez Grealish Foden is crazy good. I do think we need a couple of CM’s but our squad is better than theirs in terms of quality and depth is relative. You can have loads of average players sat around or you can have the quality we have. Just my opinion of course. I can see a lot of people rate theirs more than ours.

On Felix. You’ve nailed it. We’d need to lose Sterling or Mahrez to sign another attacker and IMO neither will go because no one will pay their value and neither player will want to force a move away. And even if they left Felix isn’t a wide player or a winger.

I’m surprised on Bluemoon there’s such a focus on attacking options. Everywhere else i talk to blues the focus is CM and full back.

With gundogan leaving we arguably need a holding midfielder AND a 6. Central mid is 100% the priority. Plus we don’t know if Bernardo will stay either and he sometimes plays in the middle… why the focus on another striker or inside forward is beyond me.

Is it true that Man City are close to finish KP deal?

Last edited:
With gundogan leaving we arguably need a holding midfielder AND a 6. Central mid is 100% the priority. Plus we don’t know if Bernardo will stay either and he sometimes plays in the middle… why the focus on another striker or inside forward is beyond me.
Who is saying it’s a focus?

Tbf think this stems down to the Dippers

We have the best midfielder trio in world football, arguably the best attacking mid and best DM.....so yes we are short on depth but our best is better than theirs so we only need back ups...which we could include Foden, Grealish, Palmer or even Mcatee or Lavia

But the Dippers (arguably) the best front 3 in world football, and have goals across their front 5 attackers whereas ours, while very very good, don't seem to be on that level (on average, obviously Foden is better than Firminio but you get my point)

Also there is a good chance we could lose all 3 of Mahrez, Raz and Jesus in the next 12 months (or this summer) then we'll be down to only Haaland, Foden, Grealish, Alvarez (completely untested) across our front three

Honestly though I agree that a CM is a priority right now, as is a proper left back...but we'd have to renew the contracts of at LEAST one of Sterling, Mahrez or Gabby

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.