It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Raz will want to go back to London. Spurs or Chelsea. With Jesus going to Arsenal. £80mill to £100mill for both.

I mean although I prefer Cancelo as the LB choice, this isn't fair. Zinchenko has had many great games at LB and against great teams too. You can't fairly judge a guy based on very rare off days.
The guy I was replying to was basing his opinion one on 45 minute substitute appearance so fair’s fair tbh

Bringing on Zin was down to Fernandinho's first half performance. Pep moved Stones back to Centre Back, moved Cancelo to Right back and the rest is history. Cancelo is our best left back and while you cannot fault Zin's mentality and versatility he is not quite good enough to become a starter. West Ham game did highlight his weaknesses.

Last edited:
Are you forgetting Zin’s horror show v West Ham?
I didn't see any horror show, I saw a team fail to win a game 3 - 2 because of a saved penalty and a defense lacking 4 fit players with a soft centre and only a vague likeness to a solid unit made worse by the quality of Bowen's play. A slightly fitter defense started shakily against Villa, fortunately Pep withdrew Ferna and sent on Zinchenko which despite Coutinho's solo goal laid the basis for our comeback. I suffered too much in those games to forget anything.

I fully agree, Walker’s transfer divided opinions and he’s been incredible, yet right now we are imo over hyping Alvarez who is a completely unknown quantity. Both games against Brighton Cucurella was a standout player against the champions of England, something very little players do in the champions league never mind the premier league.
Alvarez is not a completely unknown quantity, City don't usually buy unknown quantities, they buy players with what they see as great potential. He may be over hyped by some who reacted to his 6 goal salvo but he is highly ranked in South America, a continent we have signed some decent players from and if Sergio says he has potential, that's a decent referral.

Bringing on Zin was down to Fernandinho's first half performance. Pep moved Stones back to Centre Back, moved Cancelo to Right back and the rest is history. Cancelo is our best left back and while you cannot fault Zin's mentality and versatility he is not quite good enough to become a starter. West Ham game did highlight his weaknesses.
Both our full backs were too high and wide in the first half against WHU, forcing our wide forwards infield and not allowing our fullbacks to get back to cover when the ball was lost.

Whether that was intentional or not, only Pep and the team know.

The second half was better all round.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.