It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

But we don't know 1. if Phillips is coming and 2. what players we have or are trying to sign to replace Ferna, so factually, what opportunity was missed, I doubt the club was pretending Ferna would play forever and a replacement would appear by accident. I think sometimes we simplify the whole transfer process, it's like building a house of cards where the cards change from week to week as priorities do. If you doubt our management team just look at the mess some clubs' cards are in.
I agree the transfer process does get over simplified by fans and I have no way of knowing whether we're even in for Phillips or whether we have other potential targets who can't be signed due to their contract situations. You won't find many who are more supportive of our management team than me and I'm aware that the professionals at the club have an excellent track record in player recruitment so Phillips will hopefully prove me wrong if we do sign him. Having said all of that this is a forum for fans to share their opinions of potential signings and if you boil it down to basics I just don't rate Phillips very highly.

Just finished listening to the Why Always Us podcast and Sam Lee said keep an eye on Gavi. He apparently has a 40m release clause and isn't impressed with what Barca have offered him so far in terms of a new contract.

Txiki and Ferran I am sure are up to date but be interesting to see if we do make a move.
A top prospect. But I'm sure he'd be another Garcia or Torres, looking to get back to Spain after 3 or 4 years.

I'd rather back McAtee.

Besides gabby for obvious reasons sterling missed a trophy winning parade? With @93.20blue stating yesterday sterling is trying to force his way out could it be he didn’t want to be there as he wants to leave and that was his message to pep and the club? Only my thinking of course but possible?
not 100% but didnt he miss the one before as well , lad might not like them all pissed up

A top prospect. But I'm sure he'd be another Garcia or Torres, looking to get back to Spain after 3 or 4 years.

I'd rather back McAtee.
That would be the concern but I don't know how strong that pull is anymore.

Gavi and McAtee are different players for me, Gavi plays a little deeper but not massively dissimilar.

Just finished listening to the Why Always Us podcast and Sam Lee said keep an eye on Gavi. He apparently has a 40m release clause and isn't impressed with what Barca have offered him so far in terms of a new contract.

Txiki and Ferran I am sure are up to date but be interesting to see if we do make a move.
Interesting. Incredible talent, could be a great Gundo replacement

Can you square the circle for me. We regularly read comments that we have a small squad, as that's how Pep likes it. How does that square with the one out one in you, and others advise? Very confused.

I'm sorry that the quota is what it is, and that we have the numbers that we do. I'm sorry if that doesn't fit in with the narrative out there.

Firat of all, it isn't one in one out, and I didn't say that. It is one in, and Then one in one out. Having already added 2 btw.

Our big problem is lack of first team Club Trained players. We only have foden. So that's 3 slots down straight away that can't be filled. Whereas others have squads of 25 (21+4), we have a maximum of 21+1. And then the odd kid or two.

And last season once Mendy was taken out of the equation and Torres left we had 19+1 for at least half the season. Hence we had a smaller squad than others.

Does that help?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.