It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

no it is not so many times pep has said openly in press that transfers are untimately handled by Txiki and Khaldoon and they do what is best for the club irrespective of the manager. last season pep wanted a forward but the club decided against it did you forget? and no we will not know if pep is unhappy, he never complaints and works with what is given to him.
Ok mate, believe what you want. Pep just sits on his hands and waits for Txiki to bring some randomer into his office when he signs players I guess

Pep wanted Kane, thats it. No one else. We couldn't get Kane so we didn't sign anyone. Its very simple. Txiki would have a had a book full of players to sign and Pep veto'd all of them. We waited 12mths and got Haaland, job sorted.

If Pep had a problem, we would know about it.

If Sterling, Jesus and Bernardo leave and only Philips and Cucurella join that would leave us in a dangerous position in terms of squad depth. We would have 3 keepers, 8 defenders (assuming Zinchenko stays), 2 defensive midfielders and 7 attacking midfielders (including Palmer and McAtee) and 2 forwards.

While that might look alright with 19 outfield players, McAtee and Palmer have 1 premier league start between them. The loss of Bernardo would take a huge amount of energy out of our game. Sterling offers us real pace and Jesus is our best presser. If they aren’t adequately replaced we are real danger of playing in a slower more predictable manner. The loss of Bernardo would also mean we’re more vulnerable to counterattacks.

Haaland would offers us pace but we’d struggle to get around teams. We would see teams forcing us wide knowing we don’t have the pace to pull them out of shape.

We also need to realise that we ran out of defenders this season, despite being relatively well stocked, which cost is in the Champions League and nearly in the league. An injury to Gundogan or KDB leaves us struggling in midfield.

In short if we don’t move for someone to replace Sterling and Jesus we may be very predictable next season. If we do pick up a replacement for Bernardo we are going tours his big game energy and be much it’s vulnerable to counter attacks.

I know the club are happy to wait for players but next season for example Bellingham will have a choice of City or Liverpool. Will league places be a factor? Our own players won’t exactly be happy to see the club waiting. We won’t have Pep, KDB and Haaland forever so we need to prosper when we can.

We didn’t replace Kompany in 19/20 and we suffered because of it but we didn’t replace Aguero last season but still won the league so it’s hard to know if waiting works. However if you have the best manager in the world you give him all the support he needs.
If Sterling and Jesus left, then I suspect it would depend on how pre-season goes. If we assume Haaland won't need too long to settle, then it probably depends on Alvarez looking the part. If he does, and we get Phillips then I think we're ok, as we have 11 for 6 spots (including Palmer, but not McAtee). We had that this season, and for all but a short period when Palmer came into the team, weren't struggling at all in midfield/attack. If anything Phillips for Fernandinho gives us more flexibility.

If all three go, then we definitely need someone else, but I'd be surprised if they let all three go, without having a replacement lined up.

If Sterling, Jesus and Bernardo leave and only Philips and Cucurella join that would leave us in a dangerous position in terms of squad depth. We would have 3 keepers, 8 defenders (assuming Zinchenko stays), 2 defensive midfielders and 7 attacking midfielders (including Palmer and McAtee) and 2 forwards.

While that might look alright with 19 outfield players, McAtee and Palmer have 1 premier league start between them. The loss of Bernardo would take a huge amount of energy out of our game. Sterling offers us real pace and Jesus is our best presser. If they aren’t adequately replaced we are real danger of playing in a slower more predictable manner. The loss of Bernardo would also mean we’re more vulnerable to counterattacks.

Haaland would offers us pace but we’d struggle to get around teams. We would see teams forcing us wide knowing we don’t have the pace to pull them out of shape.

We also need to realise that we ran out of defenders this season, despite being relatively well stocked, which cost is in the Champions League and nearly in the league. An injury to Gundogan or KDB leaves us struggling in midfield.

In short if we don’t move for someone to replace Sterling and Jesus we may be very predictable next season. If we do pick up a replacement for Bernardo we are going tours his big game energy and be much it’s vulnerable to counter attacks.

I know the club are happy to wait for players but next season for example Bellingham will have a choice of City or Liverpool. Will league places be a factor? Our own players won’t exactly be happy to see the club waiting. We won’t have Pep, KDB and Haaland forever so we need to prosper when we can.

We didn’t replace Kompany in 19/20 and we suffered because of it but we didn’t replace Aguero last season but still won the league so it’s hard to know if waiting works. However if you have the best manager in the world you give him all the support he needs.
I'm sure Pep will be aware of this, although all this talk of half the team leaving may just be media nonsense, they are renowned for it when it comes to reporting on City transfer plans.

Could you actually see Sterling going to Chelsea? I always thought it was more likely that he'd run his contract down and go to Spain if there was interest from Barca or Madrid. I suppose a return to London could be a big factor.
At least going to Chelsea would show that he’s still got some ambition and he wants to win things. Unlike Jesus who is reportedly going to the banter club that is Arsenal

Gabby wants to leave for regular football, Zinch also possibly, it looks like Raz may want a new challenge and Bernado may want to go home. Or there may be an element of running their contracts down. This creates disturbing times for fans and we talk about bringing in "replacements" and "getting as much as we can" for them. I suspect Pep's attitude, and that of those around them is "It is what it is" and that if you haven't got the same players you don't play the same way. The presence of Haaland in the team means that there are going to be significant changes of style and that Pep will manage turnover of staff (which he might just welcome) and bring in players who will give "Pep's team" a completely new identity. Our club does not see transfer fees as money of which every single penny must be recouped: rather we would point out what has been won in the years that departing players have been with us and then judge their value against their personal ambitions - David Silva and Sergio are examples of this. The future will still be exciting and very successful - as Pep asked, "can you tell me how we play now?"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.