It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

If we sign Phillips and Cucurella, then losing Jesus, Sterling and Zinchenko wouldn't be too bad because:

Haaland > Jesus.
Alvarez < Sterling (although Alvarez will eventually surpass Sterling).
Phillips > Fernandinho.
Cucurella > Zinchenko.

Also, Palmer will likely have his breakthrough season which will ease Sterling's departure.

If we sign Phillips and Cucurella, then losing Jesus, Sterling and Zinchenko wouldn't be too bad because:

Haaland > Jesus.
Phillips > Fernandinho.
Cucurella > Zinchenko.

Also, Palmer will likely have his breakthrough season which will ease Sterling's departure.
Phillips over Fernandinho, not a chance mate

Alvarez is going to be unreal. Every time I watch river plate he is head and shoulders the best player on the pitch. Pressing his ass off and overall quite a cheeky player. Super creative. Starting him with haaland is gonna be unfair.
He almost just nicked one off the opposing keeper again. I will miss Jesus, but Alvarez even though not as quick as Gabby has an engine to press. It can help us out in counter pressing when the ball is lost also. He does have a bit of everything. Just going to need a bedding in period in the PL.

Haaland > Jesus.
Phillips > Fernandinho.
Cucurella > Zinchenko.

Jesus and sterling leave we will need to bring 1 in, probably rw.

He almost just nicked one off the opposing keeper again. I will miss Jesus, but Alvarez even though not as quick as Gabby has an engine to press. It can help us out in counter pressing when the ball is lost also. He does have a bit of everything. Just going to need a bedding in period in the PL.
The runs he makes are going to open up so much space. It seems innate for him. After a few months with pep I have zero doubt he’s gonna be a world beater. Couple it with haaland opening up space and being a huge focal point for opposing teams Foden kdb Mahrez and grealish are going to run completely amuck. Fun times ahead.

Nab nkunku and win everything for a decade

Haaland > Jesus.
Phillips > Fernandinho.
Cucurella > Zinchenko.

This. Sure, we would all happily take another elite winger if possible, but if this is our summer window our team looks stronger than the team that won the league last year, with the added edge of actually having strikers again. This + the likes of Palmer, McAtee, Delap are one year older and with 5 subs they can get more minutes and contribute to a larger extent than previously over the course of the season. Personally I'm more worried about the lack of depth at FBs if Zinchenko leaves, than being worried about us lacking options in attack. But with CBs not rotating as much, it may give Ake & Stones the minutes they need if they can also be used as FB cover, so perhaps it makes sense.
With all this said, I would obviously be over the moon if we would end up signing someone like Felix or Nkunku as well!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.