It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

What’s not to get? 2/3 players want to leave. We are doing fantastic business this season. The club is run with finance in mind and rightly so. Pep is happy or they would not be leaving.

The squad will be balanced if the in and outs happen. Maybe another winger or cb will arrive. We are selling players who are finally bringing in decent fees. Ake for Curcurella is smart business. The lad maybe wants to start and let’s be honest he is not getting in ahead of stones, Dias and Laporte.
Spot on, if we do sign Cucurella, Ake won't even get game time as auxiliary left back. He's won trophies here so going back to Chelsea as 1st teamer & guaranteed a lot more game time could appeal to him. Wasnt the lack of game time the reason he left Chelsea for Bournemouth in the 1st place.

You can understand why Ake wants to leave though. When he joined he was supposed to be 3rd choice as Stones was packing his bags for Arsenal. Then Garcia decided to leave all of a sudden and Stones had to stay. Stones then had his revival and Ake is just about as unlucky as you can get and now locked in as 4th choice.
I know it isn’t ideal for him and the WC year probably plays a part . I wish we would keep him and just tried to give him a few more games. Ideally I’d like to go into next season with 4 orthodox centre backs .

Spot on, if we do sign Cucurella, Ake won't even get game time as auxiliary left back. He's won trophies here so going back to Chelsea as 1st teamer & guaranteed a lot more game time could appeal to him. Wasnt the lack of game time the reason he left Chelsea for Bournemouth in the 1st place.
Ake going would also mean we could possible keep Zin. If u had a choice I would keep the later. Reluctantly Ake can go. If he wasn’t an injury worry I would think the club had lost the plot.

We all seen how his injures led to Fern coming in during the run in. Say we are luck with injuries this season to CB and we sign Cucurella then as you say, where is Ake going to get game time? Sterling is in the same boat as is Jesus.

Don't you think it would be all over the media if there was even the slightest sniff of an ffp breach ??????

If we really want to speculate.. FFP usually goes in 3 year cycles.. you can pass something off over the next 3 years to still come in under a certain point.

Covid fucked with everyone's revenues and next year will be the 3rd year if covid was 1st year. Maybe they're shuffling it up so the math does make sense and the fact that everyone else is doing it might make it more conjecture than speculation.

I know it isn’t ideal for him and the WC year probably plays a part . I wish we would keep him and just tried to give him a few more games. Ideally I’d like to go into next season with 4 orthodox centre backs .
The other side of that is having an unhappy player kicking his heals waiting for one of Dias, Laporte or Stones to get injured. Even if that happens we've got better cover in dm so Rodri could cover.

I would love Nathan to stay but can understand why he would want guaranteed game time at Chelsea

It’s just that Ake is a very useful utility player and last season towards the run-in we were short for defenders and he was very useful . He had to play out of position in the UCL too. Supposing 2 of our centre backs were injured we would be left with 1 and have to play like Phillips at centre-back or Rodri
Versatility is great if you are happy not to start and stay injury free. Ake is maybe not willing to play that role this season. A new lb and Zin staying limits his chances. I can see the appeal to both the player and the club. If Ake was integral then he would not be transferrable.

Players not happy with game time are deciding to leave. I don’t think it is anything more than that.

If Ake goes, the only Central defender we have been linked with briefly is de ligt. If Ake goes we need a replacement, Stones is made of glass. So I’ve said before if Ake left the only reliable CBs you have then is Dias and Laporte, you can’t go a full season with two first team CBs , and hope to god Stones doesn’t pick up an injury to much of a risk. Ake needs to be replaced if he leaves

The other side of that is having an unhappy player kicking his heals waiting for one of Dias, Laporte or Stones to get injured. Even if that happens we've got better cover in dm so Rodri could cover.

I would love Nathan to stay but can understand why he would want guaranteed game time at Chelsea
I still think we should get an
Versatility is great if you are happy not to start and stay injury free. Ake is maybe not willing to play that role this season. A new lb and Zin staying limits his chances. I can see the appeal to both the player and the club. If Ake was integral then he would not be transferrable.

Players not happy with game time are deciding to leave. I don’t think it is anything more than that.
Yeah that’s probably the jist of it. Not ideal for us but it’s what the player wants. I also don’t like that we are strengthening our rivals. Hopefully we could get an alternative it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.