It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

'Chelsea 'hope' to complete these signings before the weekend but they may, or may not. Some talks are more advanced but others may or may not be as advanced as other talks.'

Am I a twitter journalist now?

Boehly, or whoever is running Chelsea's transfer "strategy " may not know what they are doing, but Boehly is far from being an "idiot." He went to The College of William and Mary, one of the best public universities in the States. I know a good number of people who went to uni there. It is not easy to be accepted and they aren't academic idiots attending.

He also attended the London School of Economics. I don't know much about. I assume it is a good school?

I'm tending to agree, Boehly is merely the "face" of the new owners. I've yet to see who else is in this owner consortium. The only person I see mentioned is Boehly.

I think Boehly is smart like you said but not well versed in football transfer in europe, it's whole different game than he used to back in US.

He should hand over transfer management to those people that know how to do this for years rather himself, it really shows the lack of experience from what i have seen so far.

Sorry but that is the trophy WE, as in Man City, want to win the most

We have 6 Prem titles in 11 years, can't see how the Champions League isn't THE trophy given its significance in European football and the honour it holds
Yes, Its is now the one we most want because we have been so succesful in the league. What I really can't stand is the narrative that its the one we have always wanted and its more important than the pl. Even now before this season where pep had 3 pl trophies he didnt prioritize it above the pl.

Does Ake want to go? Is that it? He was good for us when called upon. Who is out there of equal quality to rely on should we need to, like we did Ake at times? And for half of what we get from Chelsea? Surely we don’t spend all that on a replacement if Ake himself is ok staying?

for Sterling and a lesser extend Ake, maybe they're thinking I've got 4/2 premier league medals (+host more medals for Sterling) but my priority now is playing time. Maybe their hunger to win is superseded by playing time on that basis maybe it's time they move on.

Boehly, or whoever is running Chelsea's transfer "strategy " may not know what they are doing, but Boehly is far from being an "idiot." He went to The College of William and Mary, one of the best public universities in the States. I know a good number of people who went to uni there. It is not easy to be accepted and they aren't academic idiots attending.

He also attended the London School of Economics. I don't know much about. I assume it is a good school?

I'm tending to agree, Boehly is merely the "face" of the new owners. I've yet to see who else is in this owner consortium. The only person I see mentioned is Boehly.
BoJo went to Eton, just saying ;-)

I played golf over the weekend with a guy from Carlisle, his grandson is Jarrod Branthwaite

His words to me were City have been asking questions

Could be something in this but could be bull?
He’s been linked before the start of the window. How much has he played for Everton?

Edit: Seems like has one year left on his deal and that Everton are trying to loan him out next season.

Last edited:
I don't know where journalists are getting valuations for deals but it's insane how almost always they get them completely wrong.

They all said EH's release clause was £60m, turned out to be £51m. They said we'd be paying £60m for phillips, turned out to be £40m. They said we'll let go of Gabby for £35m, turned out we're getting £45m + add ons. Said we'd sell Torres for £40m, turned out we got £55m. Always lowballing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.