It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Think it would make a lot of sense to give Palmer and Alvarez a chance to take a key role and look for a winger in the winter transfer if we appear short.

Cucurella could really unlock so much I hope we can find a way to get that done. Agree that Grealish would really benefit from an overlap

Reactions: JDV
I’ve a feeling we’re going to see our full backs playing high and wide this coming season, which migh alleviate the need for another attacker (beyond the 6 we actually have). I can see Cucarella/Cancelo being our ‘go to’ options for their delivery into the box now that we’ve got something to aim for.

I think you're right. I think it's likely we'll see far more of how we used to play, in terms of Kev running outside the inverted RW and whipping those crosses into Haaland. Having guys though such as Cucurella (if he joins) and Cancelo will also help.

I'm concerned were going into a season with a lack of dynamism from our wingers, but it feels as if we'll be putting as many technically gifted players as close to Haaland as possible. That'll make it a nightmare for opposition defenders.

That's probably the first bit of 'truth' to any claims on this I've seen yet. And tells us nothing, funnily enough.

I think any journalist claiming 'on behalf of' the club that we won't replace Raz is either guessing, or collecting the clicks now so they can collect them again when ther 'break' that we might.

Not so sure why so many here feel the need to jump to defend those claims, with so long yet to go in the window.

Last edited:
Ultimately I trust the club but I do feel we're now short a natural wide player.

It probably won't matter due to our overall squad quality and the Pep factor, but outside of Mahrez our current wide options (Foden, Grealish, Alvarez and I suppose Bernie) are repurposed midfielders or in Alvarez's case a striker.

I suppose Palmer is the wild card, but a club competing for four trophies can't realistically count on a youth player with a half dozen senior appearances to make an immediate impact. To be clear I think he should (and will) be given every opportunity this season, but at our level expecting significant contributions from an unknown is not a valid strategy. If he makes the jump and takes the league by storm, great, but we should not be relying on that. The same probably goes for Alvarez as the jump from the Argentinian league will be significant.

I don't think any of the journalists have an idea what we'll do because I don't think the club does either. I'm sure they have a list of targets/players of interests and will make a move if the stars align and the price is right, but won't force a move. That's how you get Scott Sinclairs.

Although I'm sure every agent worth their salt is ringing Txiki right now, so who knows if someone unexpected will come available.

Cucarella could be the best thing to happen in terms of Grealish form because I always feel as though he and Cancelo operate in the same positions and prefer to cut infield. Cucarella can go round the outside and provide genuine width.
Just like the Buffalo Girls, they go round the outside, round the outside!! Sorry pal I couldn't resist ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.