It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

If West Ham is in fact waiting for us to make our approach for Rice, it is because they expect us to make one.

The reason they'd be expecting us to make an offer would be that we had already asked to speak to the player and/or his representatives.

My take on it, anyway.
Reckon we are waiting on Bernardo to see if he’s staying or going.

Ye imo it's bollocks I just don't see Pep saying something like that.
With no source listed, I thought it was bullshit too but a quick Google search confirmed it. Heres the full quote.

Speaking at a charity golf event, Guardiola admitted he was ready to sell Cancelo to United whilst addressing rumors that Barcelona was also interested in the defender. He said: “I think they [Barcelona] have informed him very badly. He is far from reality.“The reality was that we decided that he had to leave and we didn't care where he was going, even if he wanted to go to United, which is our rival. There is his agent and the clubs agree. I won't say that they deceived him but that they misinformed him.”Guardiola added: “If Bayern doesn't want him, then he won't go there.”

When asked about the full-back’s future, the City boss said: “This is a matter of Txiki [Begiristain, Sporting Director], of City, of his representative, and of the club that loves him. I have no idea [why he didn't sign for Barcelona]. We didn't get any offers.”

After his exit was confirmed in January, there were rumors that Guardiola and Cancelo had a bust-up.
However, the 29-year-old strongly denied those claims, he told Mundo Deportivo: “It's a lie that I had a fight with Guardiola, a complete lie. I didn't feel important to the team in recent games. I spoke to the coach and he agreed.
“I, the coach, and the club decided that I had to leave, that it was the best option for me. I like new opportunities and I have nothing against City.”

Not convinced Frank would be a good move. Can’t help but feel Pep would create another disciple that would then go to another club and make them stronger. Would prefer someone who would stick around the club for years and maybe look to take over from Pep or even serve Pep’s successor. I’m not really interested in investing in someone for 1, 2 or 3 years for them to fuck off and benefit someone else. I think TH uttered Ferna as a wish, which I think would be more suited than Frank.
I disagree. I want intelligence l. And Frank has that in spades. Yes, hell learn a lot. But his big brain will also bring value.

All assistant managers should want to leav and spread their wings. That means they'll bring more to their learning.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.