It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

I would create separate social media accounts for men and women. Why do we have one account for both? Women deserve to have their own accounts. Otherwise, you end up having 90%+ engagement being very negative towards the women just because it's not regarding the men's team, comments like we don't care, dismissive, etc. If we had two separate accounts, the women's following would be significantly lower, granted, but at least they would be followed by whoever is actually interested and positively supports the team. It should be divided, like the ATP and WTA in tennis. Another example, like with models, I can follow men, women, or both, but I get to choose. Then, everyone wins and gets to follow the team they want.
I disagree - I think it's great that they're giving the women's team so much publicity.

I just think that if you've got millions of people waiting on something like a Gvardiol signing, then that kind of deliberate misdirection gives fans a reason to be negative.

We had one, the club decided to merge to show that's there's no divide and we are all considered part of the 'city' family. Its only really an issue when it comes to signings as people are idiotic.
IMO, it ends up harming the women. For example, everyone knew Kovacic passed the medical on Friday. Therefore, when we announced Gundo's departure, everyone knew the announcement was coming. However, first, the announcement was regarding Bunny Shaw extending the contract (as far as I remember). Instead of getting the praise she deserves, she got abused for not being Kovacic. If we had a separate account, she would get a lot of praise because only the actual fans would be among the followers. We can say anyone acting this way is an idiot, and they are, but I would be in favour of protecting the women's team from that.

Gotta be one of the quietest transfer windows for us in recent times. Aside from the brief rice excitement it’s been very clear we are signing kovacic and Gvardiol but there has been no credible links to any other players.

Personally think Bernardo, mahrez and Walker will stay and we will just bring in the two players mentioned above. Obviously cancelo will leave as will Laporte
I don’t think Laporte has any takers. Still think he is a great player if he gets a run.

I disagree - I think it's great that they're giving the women's team so much publicity.

I just think that if you've got millions of people waiting on something like a Gvardiol signing, then that kind of deliberate misdirection gives fans a reason to be negative.
They are, but I don't think it has the positive impact they would hope for. It generates a lot of undeserved hate just because the content is not about the men's team.
Regarding your second point, I don't think it's deliberate misdirection. Gvardiol is yet to pass his medical, and the fee hasn't been agreed upon as far as we know (not public). I genuinely don't think they even considered people would think it's Gvardiol. They mean well, but it generates unnecessary negativity.

Gotta be one of the quietest transfer windows for us in recent times. Aside from the brief rice excitement it’s been very clear we are signing kovacic and Gvardiol but there has been no credible links to any other players.

Personally think Bernardo, mahrez and Walker will stay and we will just bring in the two players mentioned above. Obviously cancelo will leave as will Laporte

still a midfielder or if Foden moves more central winger short for me mate. We are in 2 extra comps this season and although its only 1 game in one of them the world club challenge in bloody Saudi will be fun just before xmas? KDB missing the start of the season as well?

IMO, it ends up harming the women. For example, everyone knew Kovacic passed the medical on Friday. Therefore, when we announced Gundo's departure, everyone knew the announcement was coming. However, first, the announcement was regarding Bunny Shaw extending the contract (as far as I remember). Instead of getting the praise she deserves, she got abused for not being Kovacic. If we had a separate account, she would get a lot of praise because only the actual fans would be among the followers. We can say anyone acting this way is an idiot, and they are, but I would be in favour of protecting the women's team from that.
Very much doubt players see it or read the comments. There 56 comments under the 'main' video and only 5 or so are about gvardiol, the rest are welcoming messages. The trolls seem to post under the teaser, wonder if they do it that way on purpose.

still a midfielder or if Foden moves more central winger short for me mate. We are in 2 extra comps this season and although its only 1 game in one of them the world club challenge in bloody Saudi will be fun just before xmas? KDB missing the start of the season as well?
Would ideally want an extra cm but there are no links anywhere and pep wants a small squad. Gonna need the medical team to work their magic again

Arsenal have apparently left everyone in their wake, with their ruthless transfers… they’ve added at least 5 goals from Havertz for £65m, they’ve added some top class bants and celebrations from Rice for £105m and now Timber for £40m or whatever it is. We surely need to spend or the title is theirs.
So if they spend another £350m + on strikers they may have enough to score as many goals as Haaland between them. Solid investment imo.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.