It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Bernardo hardly played centrally, when fit KDB and Gundogan played most games centrally, think this year it will be Kovacic, KDB and one of Foden / Bernardo. Not sure who of Bernardo and Foden will play more centrally but expect the other to play mainly on the right.
I actually think a wide player to back up Grealish on the left is more needed.
I'd go further & say our central midfield should be Rodri, Philips, Bernardo, Kovacic, Foden & Grealish.

This would leave us needing two wingers, with Jack, Phil & Bernardo providing cover. I think this is what Pep's trying to work out with Gomez, Bobb & Palmer.

If a couple if them work this pre-season, it might save us dipping into the market, but as things stand, only Gomez strikes me as a potential option for the season ahead. Anything else & we'd have to enter the market.

He barely had a chance last season. I don’t know how is meant to impress with little to no consistent minutes
He had more than enough chances mate. His limited playing time illustrated what Pep thought of his performances.

In many of those matches, he was mostly anonymous. He needs a full season on PL loan, at a club where he'll play.

Surely Forest, Bournemouth or one of the promoted sides are a viable loan option for him?

I'd go further & say our central midfield should be Rodri, Philips, Bernardo, Kovacic, Foden & Grealish.

This would leave us needing two wingers, with Jack, Phil & Bernardo providing cover. I think this is what Pep's trying to work out with Gomez, Bobb & Palmer.

If a couple if them work this pre-season, it might save us dipping into the market, but as things stand, only Gomez strikes me as a potential option for the season ahead. Anything else & we'd have to enter the market.

What makes you think Grealish is an option for midfield when he’s literally played zero minutes there since he joined?

Leroy is even less of a team player than before he left. It would be great if he could come back but I dont think its possible under Pep.
Has Palmer sorted out a club? He didn't come on today?

Ederson Ortega
Akanji Ake Dias Laporte
Lewis Stones
Rodri Phillips
KDB Bernardo Kovacic
Foden Grealish
Alvarez Haaland

These are our 17 core players. If Cancelo and Walker both stay that's 19.
How many more do we need?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.