It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

tolmie said 2 more players so has to be both
He did but also said Lavia the other day. Made me think West Ham potentially after Phillips again but that’s a no go so still 2. Paqueta and Mitoma. Palmer and McAtee both out, hopefully loans.

Are we after both Paqueta and Mitoma or is Paqueta an alternate/change of direction.
We need both given the number of games we’ll be playing this season, if things go according to plan.

The Super Cup and the World Club championships may only seem like a few extra games, but going to Saudi Arabia in December will prove pretty taxing and disruptive, and having another couple of players available could make all the difference at the end of the season.

I would also highlight Khaldoon’s praise for the medical team at the end of last season - he knows how exposed we were last season to injuries in a couple of positions, and we have the opportunity to address that now.

He did but also said Lavia the other day. Made me think West Ham potentially after Phillips again but that’s a no go so still 2. Paqueta and Mitoma. Palmer and McAtee both out, hopefully loans.

I don’t see how McAtee gets a chance if we sign Paqueta. He will want first team games, not constant loan moves

Are we after both Paqueta and Mitoma or is Paqueta an alternate/change of direction.

If we sign Paqueta and keep Bernardo, I don't think we have the space for another winger.

Bernardo, Foden, KDB, Rodri, Paqueta, Alvarez, Haaland, Kovacic, Grealish - 9 senior players for 6 positions essentially.

Phillips makes it 10, but I'm not convinced he's going to be here past the transfer window if we sign another CM.

We then have fringe players like Rico, Gomez, Perrone, Palmer, McAtee who could all play a part (though would expect 1-2 to go on loan/be sold).

Just don't see how it works to bring in another expensive winger and add that to the mix - feels like we're creating a smallish, but very versatile squad who we can shift around midfield/wing as necessary. Paqueta would fall into that category as I think he would be capable of playing a few different positions (including an inverted winger on the right).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.