It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

we speak to player first
Hey Oddy, want to come and win some trophies and play with your bestie Earl?
Thought you would
Go tell Lego pep you want to go to city
We’d get done for tapping up, Arsenal hate us as is never mind trying to poach a player through dubious ways.

All this faffing around on sub level players. We should have tested Arsenal’s resolve and put £120m on table for Odegaard .
Getting him would also weaken our closest rivals and would provide us with long term Kev replacement.
He also must be close friends with big Earl
Not withstanding the piss it would boil
We've already got Kev's long term replacement and he didn't cost a penny, let alone £120m.

Ironic as Lego Pep was poached and his list of targets is our squad.
Pep isn’t a player there’s no rules in that, however there is with approaching players as suggested. We don’t need that added shit on us. If an agent approaches us that’s different but we wouldn’t just ring a player and ask if he fancies a move. It doesn’t work like that.

Pretty much every player gets tapped up. Some blatantly, without going through agent
Do they… can it be proven or is it just ‘X’ wannabes saying Y club has Z players commitment, bid due shortly. Or is it that possibly the club approach the other club & express interest to then get permission to speak to the player?
As I’ve said previously, I’ve been lucky to know several premier league footballers in my time who have moved clubs & I’ve seen the process play out many times. Some of those were big names on their day making big moves. It’s a myth we just approach a player without some nod, regardless of what’s posted on social media.
If Bayern had approached Walker before asking City we’d of had them for it. We’d of hinted we want him to stay but he’s free to listen to their offer. They sort that then officially bid.
Does tapping up go on? Of course but if found guilty it’s fines, transfer bans, points deducted etc. trust me, many clubs would love to get us over for that & would do at any chance. It’s not something we as a club do. We may well leak we like a player who’s agent then contacts us for confirmation but we’d not approach them directly first, it’s too risky.
Not everything is dodgy or a conspiracy.

Last edited:
Do they… can it be proven or is it just ‘X’ wannabes saying Y club has Z players commitment, bid due shortly. Or is it that possibly the club approach the other club & express interest to then get permission to speak to the player?
As I’ve said previously, I’ve been lucky to know several premier league footballers in my time who have moved clubs & I’ve seen the process play out many times. Some of those were big names on their day making big moves. It’s a myth we just approach a player without some nod, regardless of what’s posted on social media.
If Bayern had approached Walker before asking City we’d of had them for it. We’d of hinted we want him to stay but he’s free to listen to their offer. They sort that then officially bid.
Does tapping up go on? Of course but if found guilty it’s fines, transfer bans, points deducted etc. trust me, many clubs would love to get us over for that & would do at any chance. It’s not something we as a club do. We may well leak we like a player who’s agent then contacts us for confirmation but we’d not approach them directly first, it’s too risky.
Iv read many books of ex footballers and chairman
The consensus is there is no point bidding for a player unless there was interest in him wanting to come.
I know the rules but seldom are they adhered to.
A lot of time the player gets a pay rise out of it.
It happens in real life all the time not just in the football world.
Tapping up is extremely difficult to prove. The player being tapped up is hardly going to admit to it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.