It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

If Walker were to leave, would anyone be tempted by Reece James?

I know his injury record is horrific, so it would be a massive gamble. But when fit, he's one of the best in the world already and still young.

The only reason I think it's even remotely possible is that Gusto has been excellent for Chelsea this season in James' absence, and if they need pure cash profit they may decide it's better to sell an injury prone James than someone like Gallagher. We've done a lot of business with them recently, so there's clearly a good relationship between the top brass.

There's a real lack of quality right back options out there. Frimpong, Couto, etc. are practically wingers. Others are either midfielders or centre backs who are filling in. Pep clearly likes the option of a 'traditional' full back that Walker offers tactically.

James is probably the closest thing to Walker out there, but he's far better offensively. The injuries are a huge problem though, especially for such an explosive runner.

I don't see it happening this summer, but if he stays fit next season and Chelsea's financial situation is perilous, it might be worth a punt.
No. His injuries are every season. That isn’t going to suddenly change

No. His injuries are every season. That isn’t going to suddenly change
Gundo had injury issues that meant Barca pulled out of a deal before we signed him (still injured)

He is injury prone but that can change. We have to be confident in having top of the line sports science/recovery infrastructure in place. I think he is worth the risk.

I know his injury record is horrific, so it would be a massive gamble. But when fit, he's one of the best in the world already and still young.

The only reason I think it's even remotely possible is that Gusto has been excellent for Chelsea this season in James' absence, and if they need pure cash profit they may decide it's better to sell an injury prone James than someone like Gallagher. We've done a lot of business with them recently, so there's clearly a good relationship between the top brass.

There's a real lack of quality right back options out there. Frimpong, Couto, etc. are practically wingers. Others are either midfielders or centre backs who are filling in. Pep clearly likes the option of a 'traditional' full back that Walker offers tactically.

James is probably the closest thing to Walker out there, but he's far better offensively. The injuries are a huge problem though, especially for such an explosive runner.

I don't see it happening this summer, but if he stays fit next season and Chelsea's financial situation is perilous, it might be worth a punt.
Depends how much he'd cost. He is a brilliant player but like you say, his injury record recently is terrible. Good price then he also helps on the homegrown side. Cant see chelsea letting him go cheap though, depends how much in the shit they are with FFP

Gundo had injury issues that meant Barca pulled out of a deal before we signed him (still injured)

He is injury prone but that can change. We have to be confident in having top of the line sports science/recovery infrastructure in place. I think he is worth the risk.
He’s under contract until 2028 and has missed over 100 games for Chelsea since 19-20, including 17 separate injuries, 6 of which were hamstring injuries that alone accounted for 35 missed games. Perhaps surgery will restore him to health, but it’s not as if Chelsea have only had access to quacks and pseudoscientists over the years. I’d pass.

He’s under contract until 2028 and has missed over 100 games for Chelsea since 19-20, including 17 separate injuries, 6 of which were hamstring injuries that alone accounted for 35 missed games. Perhaps surgery will restore him to health, but it’s not as if Chelsea have only had access to quacks and pseudoscientists over the years. I’d pass.
I should have also said I would rather we went after Frimpong or went with Couto.

In the 4 seasons before this season he’d missed 409 days, that’s over 100 days a season. This season he’s played the equivalent of 4 full games. I agree he’s a fine player but that record is appalling.

Forget about Reece, his too absent. Mendy was missing forever, so you want to go for someone who will rival Mendy's injury record?

I am a Neto fan, but because of his injuries, I choose to look away from him. I do not want players that will disappear for long spells of the season, to such a point you forget they are playing for your team !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.