It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

I think how this season ends will have a say.

There's a decent chance we may win the Champions League this season (or even the treble!). In that case, Gundogan has an iconic moment as the first-ever City captain to lift the trophy. He might just ride off into the sunset with that.
I think Gundogan wants 2 yrs, maybe even 3 and Barca will probably offer him 5! I just hope we do what we can to keep him, because he’s integral to this team, especially if we lose Bernard!

Last edited:
I'd love to get Gundogan to sign a 1, 2 or even 3 year extention. He could still go early if someone was willing to pay his wages - a fee would be a bonus.

Having him helping new midfielders settle in would be a massive boost.

Outgoings:
Gundo
Laporte
Cancelo
Sergio Gomez

Incomings:
Bellingham
Rafael Leao
Theo Hernandez

Will be didficult to bring in two star players but Theo Hernandez can play in two positions at LB and CB so we will replace Cancelo and Laporte by signing him alone.

Is there anyone in world football as fast and good at defending as Walker but also with the footballing brain of Ake/Stones/Rodri and keeps their privates private? If so do they have a release clause?

I think Gundo probably leaves because he doesn’t want to help new players settle, sit on the bench etc. He wants to start every game he’s built that way. That’s why I see him leaving

Gundogan staying could impact our summer massively, imo

Agreed but only in the sense of not replacing him directly. I think Bellingham would still come/be a target because that’s too big of a deal to hinge on Gundo staying.

Thing is, he’ll need replacing now or next Summer and we don’t tend to sit still in midfield areas (left back and striker a different matter).

I’m still hopeful of Perrone - his cameo against Bournemouth was fantastic.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.