It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

That's an intriguing one - obviously much prefer a long term signing of a younger option, but could definitely see Txiki doing a deal like that. Didn't watch lots of Bayern last season to see how he fared but his stats seem decent. He also played DM/CM and AM roles. Not massively inspiring and we should have got a long term successor but it could work.
By all means I dont see him as a long term tsigning, but experienced cover and a loan only no comitment to buy, Bayern fans are 50/50 on him but if it meant rodders gets some rest time.

Gives us time or if we as serious about wharton next year then buy now and let palace loan hom back and stay this year with them.

By all means I dont see him as a long term tsigning, but experienced cover and a loan only no comitment to buy, Bayern fans are 50/50 on him but if it meant rodders gets some rest time.

Gives us time or if we as serious about wharton next year then buy now and let palace loan hom back and stay this year with them.

Yeah I can see the reasoning - would throw in that they may also see it as giving O'Reilly chance to develop that role without as much pressure.

For all the doom over our lack of activity, there isn't a player out there that clubs have signed, that I would have wanted here or could imo significantly improve our side that I would lament over. Neves maybe for the longer term but at 60m plus a player, not really.

For all the doom over our lack of activity, there isn't a player out there that clubs have signed, that I would have wanted here or could imo significantly improve our side that I would lament over. Neves maybe for the longer term but at 60m plus a player, not really.
I agree with this. We are only really talking about depth, but no top-drawer player is coming to sit on our bench, which is where they would be. Perhaps it's the natural progression of our team that we now have reached the point at which it is the academy players who augment the key group, rather than the need to keep buying players who act as understudies, for we cannot buy players of the highest calibre for that type of role.

Last edited:
Think many agree and now the talk is more about squad level players or loans to tide us over as lets be honest kev, stones, haaland, walker, dias, ake are all prone to niggles in the season so a bit of extra depth to support in cups and more easier games so players can rest alongside playing the emerging the youth would be handy.

That's right, if there are no quality players available in this window, it's pointless to buy anyone. We shouldn't ruin our future with mediocre nobodies like Chelsea, who are buying useless players by the sackful. We need to wait and see if we can make a splash next summer with Wirtz and Musiala.

We might see more counter attacking goals this season. I’ve been reading the new Pep book and Pep in the media loves control. But what he loved about sterling and sane was the fast counter attacks. He loves wingers that take their man on, provide width and drive.

Understand the Doku and Savio signings a lot more now.

That's just a PR piece making excuses, while also being inaccurate. I don't think any City fan is under the illusion that you can buy a player good enough to do Rodri's role but will be happy on the bench. Hence why you look at versatile players - which Pep also mentioned in a recent press conference. Framing it as this impossible task is disingenuous

Maybe substitute " very difficult " for " impossible " to help it read better ?

We might see more counter attacking goals this season. I’ve been reading the new Pep book and Pep in the media loves control. But what he loved about sterling and sane was the fast counter attacks. He loves wingers that take their man on, provide width and drive.

Understand the Doku and Savio signings a lot more now.
If Pep loves that. So why's he holding Grealish back? I thought Grealish would be constantly running at opponents when we signed him. But he's become so cautious now. Is this what Pep wants, or is it just all Grealish can do?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.