It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

OK so no one fancies Gab back, fine.

Thinking outloud tho, following from TH's tweets - a low transfer spend certainly would leave some room for (a) new contract(s). Not that I have anyone in mind, nor any source beyond my own imagination.

So the problem with Nunes is he won't play above KDB, Foden, Rodri, Bernardo, and Kovacic? Someone needs to play in those cup games and against "shite" opposition as you call them in order to keep everyone fresh and rested. It's a role someone on any team playing 65 to 70 matches needs to play. Phillips failed in that role (cue Southampton in the Carabao Cup). To date you can't make the argument that Nunes has failed in that role. Actually you can't even definitively say he can't jump in with a first 11 squad if needed and do a job. For me the rush to slag off Nunes by some reeks of something other than his footballing abilities. Its either that or some people have no idea what they're talking about when evaluating players...JMO

Your opinion and you’re welcome to it, but Pep very very clearly does not think he’s up to it. It’s virtually identical to Phillips in terms of writing being on the wall. If he wants to stay and play in the carabao that’s up to him but he won’t get near an important match.

i can predict the howls of derision coming my way, but I'd take Gabby J back as our utility forward / back up striker.
Much like Sterling, i think since Gabby left it’s becoming very obvious that Pep was more responsible for his city form than the player was

Sam Lee mentioned striker is “CFG vibes” so that’s either someone in the CFG or has been, or an aging striker who will probably end up in America afterwards

Your opinion and you’re welcome to it, but Pep very very clearly does not think he’s up to it. It’s virtually identical to Phillips in terms of writing being on the wall. If he wants to stay and play in the carabao that’s up to him but he won’t get near an important match.

I don’t think Nunes is in the Phillips camp (I also and no evidence for this felt the club signed Phillips more than Pep).

Nunes Pep is on record before we signed him saying how good he was, I also feel he’s been given games at more important time then Phillips.

I think Nunes will get some games, but then I think he’s a talented player but his skillset is not best suited to ourselves.

A team that plays quick counter attack football, could really benefit from that change of pace he has.

Phillips I felt his way of playing suited City more, but whether his confidence went or couldn’t make the jump up, he wasn’t good enough.

Think that showed with him struggling at West Ham.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.