It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

This. The age of our midfield is certainly a (small) concern. If we keep both Gundogan and Bernardo. We still need a young midfielder IMO.

I think with Bernardo, this summer will be the one where he goes and with PSG looking like they want to move Neymar and Messi on, I think he ends up there. There have been links in the press this week regarding a move as well so maybe something is in motion.

WIth Gundogan, I get the feeling he just wants a contract that ensures him whilst he is now in his 30s and can therefore plan with his family. 1 years deals don't do that.

If City offer him 3 years I think he stays.

With Bernardo, I think it's much more about a cultural change for him and his wife/children.

I agree on a younger midfielder though.

This. The age of our midfield is certainly a (small) concern. If we keep both Gundogan and Bernardo. We still need a young midfielder IMO.
No doubt we will sign a midfielder. We’re all expecting Foden to drop back into midfield, just hasn’t happened yet. Can’t forget Mcatee too, although I think he will go out on loan again.

Even if we keep Bernardo this summer, we will most certainly lose him next year. On top of it, Gundo will be 34 by then, Mahrez 33, Kyle Walker out of contract, KDB a year older. We don't want to change too much, too quickly. Small changes every summer, and we need to consider a lot of players take time to adjust to Man City level, Pep etc.

No doubt we will sign a midfielder. We’re all expecting Foden to drop back into midfield, just hasn’t happened yet. Can’t forget Mcatee too, although I think he will go out on loan again.

I would replace Bernardo with Foden, let him go into midfield and then from there hopefully we can get a proper out and out winger to challenge with Mahrez.

If we keep both, then promote James McAtee and Oscar Bobb as sub players to learn and get game time.

The real concern wont be in the two 10s spot that we play in but truly about whether Pep trusts Philips for Rodri.

If not, then we may only need to sign one midfielder... Caicedo or Rice.... or both to bolster CB simultaneously with Laporte leaving.

Edit: I would promote Mebude to be backup LW to push Foden into midfield as well.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.