It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

I’d rather see the midfielder Pep can turn Foden into myself.
I still think Foden will need one more year playing either on the right or in a more advanced position before he can be asked to go and graft in the midfield. He's had 2,660, 3,184, 3,374 minutes, respectively, in the last three seasons, so he has actually been going back a little. When I look at him, I still think he hasn't finished growing yet. Maybe it's the effect of having watched him come through as a child- they remain that way in your eye- but to me he still looks coltish and lacking in the upper body strength needed to play consistently in the engine room. A year in Mahrez's position and playing off the front would do him no harm.

In the meantime, I'd like to see us get Veiga for the middle. He looks as if he will develop into a physically imposing player, one capable of the English demands, and who already has skills that would complement what we have.

I still think Foden will need one more year playing either on the right or in a more advanced position before he can be asked to go and graft in the midfield. He's had 2,660, 3,184, 3,374 minutes, respectively, in the last three seasons, so he has actually been going back a little. When I look at him, I still think he hasn't finished growing yet. Maybe it's the effect of having watched him come through as a child- they remain that way in your eye- but to me he still looks coltish and lacking in the upper body strength needed to play consistently in the engine room. A year in Mahrez's position and playing off the front would do him no harm.

In the meantime, I'd like to see us get Veiga for the middle. He looks as if he will develop into a physically imposing player, one capable of the English demands, and who already has skills that would complement what we have.
I think if Bernardo goes and Gundogan stays Foden can take Bernardos mixture of minutes either on the right or in Midfield. Question is if Gundogan goes too.
Also if Mahrez goes we’d need somebody else on that right wing. It also raises the question of who rotates with Grealish on the left next year. It’s why I think if Kovacic comes and Gundogan stays we’ll be more likely to bring in wide players not midfielders.
Mind you I keep forgetting Alvarez in all this.

I think if Bernardo goes and Gundogan stays Foden can take Bernardos mixture of minutes either on the right or in Midfield. Question is if Gundogan goes too.
Also if Mahrez goes we’d need somebody else on that right wing. It also raises the question of who rotates with Grealish on the left next year. It’s why I think if Kovacic comes and Gundogan stays we’ll be more likely to bring in wide players not midfielders.
Mind you I keep forgetting Alvarez in all this.
As you say, much will depend on who leaves, but finding players that can come into the middle will be even more difficult than finding players who can play the wings, and we desperately need to ease the burden in the middle on de Bruyne, Gundogan, and Bernardo (should the last two stay).

Foden to play in the middle and Alvarez out wide to start next year if KDB injury is bad.

Ederson
Walker/Dias/Gvardiol
Stones/Rodri
Alvarez/Foden/Gundo or ?/Grealish
Haaland

Foden to play in the middle and Alvarez out wide to start next year if KDB injury is bad.

Ederson
Walker/Dias/Gvardiol
Stones/Rodri
Haaland
Pep will probably move to a 352 just to fuck everyone up and have Haalvarez up front lol. he loves a curveball

Ederson
Walker/Dias/Gvardiol
Stones/Rodri
Haaland

If KDB is out it'll be Kovacic in that midfield I guess, due to his driving runs in possession similar to how Kev drives with the ball.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.