It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Probably not ground breaking news, but have been told that Gundogan is unlikely to be offered a new deal and Laporte will be sold in the summer.

Shame about both, really. Laporte walks into any other team in the world IMO - brilliant player but can’t seem to handle rotation. Maybe the right timing for both.

I’d take keeping Gundo for another year, though. Wednesday showed how important he is in big games, knows what to do and when.

I’ll be sad at both leaving especially Gundo, think he should definitely be given another year even if two midfielders come in, help bed them in. Laporte as well has been brilliant but also never feel like he’s been able to get to that next level that Dias has at times, through no fault of his own, injuries and rotation, one of the best around though.

IF Gvardiol is coming in however it will certainly soften the blow, such is the nature of football. Gvardiol has to be 100% if Laporte is coming but @tolmie's hairdoo seems very confident, anything can happen with transfers though.

And don’t forget Gvardiol if we’re to trust tolmie’s info. Laporte out, Gvardiol in is such a great shake up of the defence imo.
To be honest I don't really get Gvardiol as a signing.

He's not a LB. We need a LB.

We've got 4 great and 1 good CB, it's literally the position that needs the least attention even if Laporte leaves, we don't need a player who'll cost €100m+.

The only way it really makes sense is if this 3 at the back experiment is going to be permanent and Pep's planning to have Guardiol/Aké, Dias/Akanji, Stones/Walker in a back 3 and then have Rico sitting next to Rodri.

Last edited:
Probably not ground breaking news, but have been told that Gundogan is unlikely to be offered a new deal and Laporte will be sold in the summer.
Why wouldn’t they offer him a new contract when he‘s the 4th most used player this season? Mahrez is under contract until he‘s 34 so why not Gundogan.

We've got 4 great and 1 good CB, it's literally the position that needs the least attention even if Laporte leaves, we don't need a player who'll cost €100m+.

The only way it really makes sense is if this 3 at the back experiment is going to be permanent and Pep's planning to have Guardiol/Aké, Dias/Akanji, Stones/Walker in a back 3 and then have Rico sitting next to Rodri.
i think its more to do with the fitness of centreback. How many times have we seen ake and stones get injured and be down to 2 centre backs.

i do think the back line needs a bit of a refresh. I think stones cant be relied up on properly every week. So that leaves us 4 ake, gvaridol for left centre back dias and akanji for right centre back and then stones who can cover rb and rcb.

I think with Stones’s regular injury issues we need 5 centre backs, especially as Ake and it seems Gvardiol can be left back. Laporte is the best passer of all our defenders but behind Dias, Ake and Stones defensively abs he wants to go so I understand why we’re happy to let him leave.

I think we’re also going to see variations on the full back role. This season Lewis and Walker play 2 right back in different ways, Ake and Gomez are very different left backs. Depending on who is still with us we may see all sorts of different setups.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.