And the Raven, never flitting, still is sitting, still is sitting
On the pallid bust of Pallas just above my chamber door;
And his eyes have all the seeming of a demon’s that is dreaming,
And the lamp-light o’er him streaming throws his shadow on the floor;
And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
Shall be lifted—nevermore!

Alas its just the transfer forum flapping at the chamber door
as it pays for @Ric view forever more

That is the exact window we have right now. Or how is it different?

Are we a better team than them? Of course, but that is obvious. I am just pointing out the hypocrisy in some of our fans saying the window has been fine, when they would be laughing and mocking any other team with a window like ours. But it is football, and most of the fans think everything their team does is perfect and everything the rivals do is
Liverpool: Imagine they lost VVD for free (their captain), lost Jota for a few million (impact sub with a lot of goal contributions), lost Salah for the next 4-5 months, and weren't able to sign their top 2 targets for midfield, and things are not advancing on the 3rd midfield option..

United: Lost a top aging midfielder for free (Casemiro), lost their most creative player (Bruno) and a good impact sub (Garnacho), weren't able to sign their top 2 midfield targets, and things are not advancing on the 3rd midfield option.

My question is: what would some of you say about this? I am 100% certain all the defenders here would be mocking their window every single day. Why such a different measurement then? Hypocrisy at its best.

Sure Gvardiol and Kovacic are good signings, but that doesn't mean we are fine (even Pep has talked about it and people here are still denying it).

Again, obviously our base is higher (which I said in my post), so obviously we will be fine (fighting for all the titles). And Pep is the best ever, you could give him an even worse squad and he would still be fighting for titles.

In isolation though, no one can say this window has been good for City (in fact if we didn't have a brilliant academy and making some good money there, the window could easily be a 3/10), which is what some are saying. That is where the hypocrisy comes in.

I am just saying it's funny see how the goal posts of some have been changing all summer long from: we will get stronger and sign Bellingham and keep our best players to we will have 4-5 new exciting signings, to we are the treble winners and we are still competitive and now we can give the youngsters a shot.

Or are you gonna tell me the discourse hasn't changed?
In fairness we lost Gundogan and instantly replaced him with Kovacic who looks like he’ll fit like a glove. As like for like as you’d expect. Better defensively but less affective in the box. But Gundogan was unique.

Gvadiol has come in for i presume Laporte, who is still here. Mahrez left on a whim, we are working on Doku and have 3 very capable young players comfortable in that position and Foden and Bernardo.

You don’t sign players based on a short(ish) term injury. Foden/Bernardo will have to fill in for Kev.

We’ve had a long standing interest in Paqueta. But circumstances outside our control have scuppered that.

The window looked like Mahrez, Gundogan & Laporte out. Kovacic, Paqueta, Gvadiol & Doku in. So, the plan was/is to gain a player..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.