It's Quiet 32 - enter at own risk

Fair shout but still gamble especially with the fee they want! When we bought B Silva for 43m my initial thought was that a fair fee and was worth the gamble! Felix for around 50m is a gamble worth taking seems the club think 70m is what they want 100m+ plus is a ridicules fee
The issue is that you wouldn't get Bernardo for anywhere close to 43m today and if we had this policy then we would've ended up with Gelson Martins or something. If everyone else is paying big fees and we just decide on our own to only pay fees that made sense three years ago the quality of your squad eventually declines.

The issue is that you wouldn't get Bernardo for anywhere close to 43m today and if we had this policy then we would've ended up with Gelson Martins or something. If everyone else is paying big fees and we just decide on our own to only pay fees that made sense three years ago the quality of your squad eventually declines.

Agree fee for a player like B Silva now would be pushing 100m thats what the Neymar fee has done.

You are still not getting it,Kahldoon is very clear about our transfer policy and it's working,how much more do you want than double followed up by the treble!

You are still not getting it,Kahldoon is very clear about our transfer policy and it's working,how much more do you want than double followed up by the treble!

Champions League, please? If only to shut Chelsea fans up.

I agree, however, slow and steady .

Agree fee for a player like B Silva now would be pushing 100m thats what the Neymar fee has done.
Agreed! The market has changed! And since I'd like to continue signing players like Barnardo I think we should consider paying a little closer to the going rate for players. Would we even be in for a player like KDB today?

I'm not sure you even read my posts, but again, I understand the policy, I just have a light criticism of it.

Agreed! The market has changed! And since I'd like to continue signing players like Barnardo I think we should consider paying a little closer to the going rate for players. Would we even be in for a player like KDB today?

Think if you look at our squad now we dont have to pay big for a Felix type player because of the likes of Sane kdb B Silva Sterling if Sane goes then I feel the club would use that money to pay the extra for a Felix, if Sane stays we wont be paying massive fees for a player.

I'm not sure you even read my posts, but again, I understand the policy, I just have a light criticism of it.

The market hasn’t changed at all. PSG, Barcelona, Liverpool and United have all been panic buying this last couple of years.

If you look at all the big ‘big’ money signings - Neymar, Mbappe, Coutinho, Pogba, Lukaku, Sanchez, Ronaldo, Kepa, Van Dijk, Mahrez and Alison they’ve all struggled with the exception of Liverpool’s two. The squad harmony is destroyed at all those clubs (us and Liverpool excluded), so signing big ‘big’ money players isn’t working in the majority of cases.

Our transfer policy has been working in general, I think Mahrez will come good but it’s taking a while and I’m still not convinced but he’s done just enough to earn the benefit of any doubt. The big big money signings don’t work in general because they no longer have anything to prove, they’re already on huge wages and long contracts and have no incentive but personal pride which you could say has already been achieved because they’ll look at the wages they’re on and think they’ve done everything they can. It also puts players backs up at those clubs (e.g. Cavani) who work their arses off and then see these players come in, don’t work as hard as the other players (e.g Pogba) and it ruins the team spirit. Then those same players (e.g. De Gea) want to be paid the same money and threaten to leave.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.