It's Quiet 32 - enter at own risk

Declan Rice can play as a centre back and as a defensive midfielder. He's young, seems to have potential, and is English/home grown.

I know some don't rate him but we'd likely be able to get him for less than Maguire. I think Pep could do wonders with the lad.
Did you see him at our place earlier in the season? Defensively superb, he read things very well and was quick and strong to win the ball back exactly what we would want BUT his passing and close control were a fucking disgrace. I don’t say that lightly, in that respect he’s a centre back so far out of his depth in midfield he makes Kyle Walker look like Pirlo. I don’t know if he’s even got the technical ability (even with improvements) to play for us as a centre back, never mind as a midfielder.

Awareness, vision, passing and close control are difficult to teach beyond a basic level, they’re natural talents you’ve either got or not.

If City don't sign a good CB and we go into the season with Laporte, Stones Otto and Garcia, potentially we are looking at a difficult season at the back.

If Laporte or stones are out for any length of time not sure the remaining cb options fill me with confidence over the course of 4 course competitions.

There is reason most if not all of the top 6, wouldn't go with a 19 or 20 year old at the back for any length of time.

They are just not ready unless your de ligt and he isn't even the finished article yet.

City managed Foden well in terms of appearances last season and he is considered approaching ready to hold down and or fight for a first team slot this season

I don't see City giving Garcia more game time than they gave Foden with his development in mind.

This would leave are remaining CB's over the course of a season with a lot of games to play, too many games.

City need a good CB or it's going to be difficult.

I think we’ll definitely sign a centre half this summer, and think it could happen quite soon. There’s no way we’d go into the season with Garcia as fourth choice imo. Do think we could still see Otamendi go though, with Fernandinho filling in at CB when required (once we sign a new DM).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.