It's Quiet 32 - enter at own risk

Not really sure what you are asking but if Delph leaves, we are then able to sign Maguire (for example). We can only sign Maguire if one of Delph, Sterling, Stones or Walker leaves (obviously Delph).

What I meant was if Angelino comes and delph leaves do we still need another HG player? Does Angelino take his spot?

Spot on. Trouble is, some idiots love it when a player is targeted. I’ve listened to long term season ticket holders around me who can’t wait for a mistake so they can laugh & take the piss. It’s happened forever eg Bowyer ( who moved & won E Cup) Edgehill; even Goater was pilloried at first!
Exactly this, that’s the problem with some match going fans.
Should have heard the lads near me about Dzeko!
One time one of them refused to celebrate a goal he scored out of sheer stubbornness.
Then again, the fact I jumped up and span around to goad him probably didn’t improve his mood

One time one of them refused to celebrate a goal he scored out of sheer stubbornness.
Then again, the fact I jumped up and span around to goad him probably didn’t improve his mood

Haha! Guess it’s part of football. As someone else said - everyone’s an expert!! I have always felt it’s important to support our players -,even more so when they’re having a bad time

I will support bravo as long as he is wearing the shirt and always have, I am happy he will be staying as number 2 as he knows peps style and that will be very useful in training. But if I am honest I would prefer muric to start if ederson is out. Bravo had a difficult first season the physicality of the league and what refs deem as fouls wasn't what he was used to and his small frame for a keeper left him at a disadvantage. Yes his defence left him exposed but he could have done much better.
in todays football bravo isn't that small, gone are the days of monster GK ,what's needed especially at city is fast intellegent footballing keepers to "sweep" behind the defence that has squeezed the play, bravo standing at 1.84m isn't much smaller that eddy ,kepa ,Allison ,all modern keepers

What I meant was if Angelino comes and delph leaves do we still need another HG player? Does Angelino take his spot?
We wouldn’t NEED one, no. It’s not compulsory to have even one homegrown player. But if we didn’t have any we’d only have a squad of 17. To maximise our squad size we would want another HG player, yes, but if the price wasn’t right, we’d just carry on without.

I will support bravo as long as he is wearing the shirt and always have, I am happy he will be staying as number 2 as he knows peps style and that will be very useful in training. But if I am honest I would prefer muric to start if ederson is out. Bravo had a difficult first season the physicality of the league and what refs deem as fouls wasn't what he was used to and his small frame for a keeper left him at a disadvantage. Yes his defence left him exposed but he could have done much better.

Point fully taken mate.

To be honest my greatest concern is that the fans don't get sucked into the media agenda designed to disrupt each new signing or player at are club.

Fair enough Bravo may have contributed in part but there is a whole context which the media and or some of us don't take into account.
Not an exact comparison but look at John Stones for instance. Prior to coming to City all we had from the media and the pundits is that hes always got a mistake in him and he weren't worth the money.

Since Pep sorted out the fullbacks and brought in what we needed at CB, I can't think of one mistake that lad has made that has led to us losing a game and if there is one it hardly means he is crap.

Yet he makes one mistake at the Nations league and the pundits and media are in for him big even suggesting along with are own fans that he is not good enough for City on the back of that one mistake.

What one mistake in the Nations league has got to do with his performances for City, is beyond me, particularly when he has played for City he's been absolutely fine which a 100 point and 98 point season proves.

Fair enough if fans want to dig out are own it may even be justifiable a lot of the time. However, the real issue for me is that we don't unwittingly peddle lazy deliberate tropes designed to unsettle are players fans and the club.

Concerning Bravo I would like to add the human side of the situation.

He is 36, last year at City ahead, wife and 3 school kids in Manchester.
I think Pep will give him this last year and let the family go where ever they want afterwards.
Muric should go on loan to get minutes and come back afterwards as a club-trained home grown second keeper.

Pep won't put pressure on Bravo to kick him out, we will respect his last year.
If there are insury issues about Bravo we have to adjust, simply.

Every block has at least one. In 109 there was a bloke, mid to late 40's who did nothing but moan at Walker & Zinchenko. All footballers are prone to mistakes, they all make them but if you listened to this bloke, we had the worlds worst full backs that wouldn't have made it in our 80/90s teams.

Point fully taken mate.

To be honest my greatest concern is that the fans don't get sucked into the media agenda designed to disrupt each new signing or player at are club.

Fair enough Bravo may have contributed in part but there is a whole context which the media and or some of us don't take into account.
Not an exact comparison but look at John Stones for instance. Prior to coming to City all we had from the media and the pundits is that hes always got a mistake in him and he weren't worth the money.

Since Pep sorted out the fullbacks and brought in what we needed at CB, I can't think of one mistake that lad has made that has led to us losing a game and if there is one it hardly means he is crap.

Yet he makes one mistake at the Nations league and the pundits and media are in for him big even suggesting along with are own fans that he is not good enough for City on the back of that one mistake.

What one mistake in the Nations league has got to do with his performances for City, is beyond me, particularly when he has played for City he's been absolutely fine which a 100 point and 98 point season proves.

Fair enough if fans want to dig out are own it may even be justifiable a lot of the time. However, the real issue for me is that we don't unwittingly peddle lazy deliberate tropes designed to unsettle are players fans and the club.
You seem to be more concerned with what the media thinks than the majority of our (not are) fans are (not our), just saying.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.