It's Quiet 32 - enter at own risk

Maguire has always impressed me tbh.

Big lump but has good ball skills, can bring it out, dangerous at corners and good at defending corners and when balls are lumped into our bx.

I think it gives us another dimension at Centre Half where we can use Laporte / Stones at home and Maguire away at places like mid lower table teams like Palace / Brighton / Rags etc where the only option they end up with is to lump the ball forward Maguire will mop that style of attack up more than our more 'elegant' centre halves.

He arguably had one of the most crucial and biggest says in our title win last season.

It was Maguire who scored the goal to earn a draw at Anfield, the day after we were down and out at Newcastle.

For that reason alone, it's a big fucking yes for me.

Unless we're signing a potential superstar like De Ligt, I don't see any great need for another centre back. Stones, Laporte and Otamendi are excellent and we have solid cover in Fernandinho, Walker, Garcia and Sandler. Maguire has too many limitations to warrant such an astronomical fee.

Assuming Danilo, Gundogan, Otamendi and Sane stay, I'd be satisfied with just Rodri this summer.

Good window but brilliant no.

Angelino, Riesgo are back ups so will leave them out of it.

Rodri is a great signing as we need a body in that position and he fits the bill. Cancelo is a good player who gives Walker a break now and again. As far as Maguire is concerned the jury will remain out. Not fair to compare him with Vinny who he will be replacing so I won´t.
But it looks like a transfer window for a team that already has a wonderful set of players rather than a transfer window that will immediately improve the starting XI. Apart from Rodri, possibly, I don´t see any of these guys in the years ahead attaining the status of VK, DS, Yaya, Kun, Kev, Bernardo, Raheem et al.
You are right about improving the starting 11 but it will improve the depth and quality of the squad. Not many players out there that would improve our starting 11 at moment

Further to what I said earlier the core players from Mancini to now have either left or soon will have.
Of these wonderful player though he is Silva should not be missed too much as we have quality in abundance in his area of the park. Yaya was a one off so a like for like was never on the cards. Dinho has done brilliantly and it looks like we have his successor. Laporte is the senior CB now. What we will miss is Vinnie's leadership qualities. Jesus has been groomed to succeed Kun. And we have a wonderful goalkeeper.
Bar buying Mpappe or Van Dyke it's tricky to see how we could improve. Forgot Leo

Unless we're signing a potential superstar like De Ligt, I don't see any great need for another centre back. Stones, Laporte and Otamendi are excellent and we have solid cover in Fernandinho, Walker, Garcia and Sandler. Maguire has too many limitations to warrant such an astronomical fee.

Assuming Danilo, Gundogan, Otamendi and Sane stay, I'd be satisfied with just Rodri this summer.
We won’t be saying that if we cop a transfer ban. This summer we get the players we need just in case

Especially with Bayern's players spewing shit
If i was im charge of our club i'd refuse to do any business with them as we all know it's them that put that Der Speigel s**te into the spotlight out of jealously as Pep left them for us.

He arguably had one of the most crucial and biggest says in our title win last season.

It was Maguire who scored the goal to earn a draw at Anfield, the day after we were down and out at Newcastle.

For that reason alone, it's a big fucking yes for me.
Scored a last minute equaliser against United the season before too. Sign him up!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.