It's Quiet 32 - enter at own risk

Do you think Maguire would be another Stones ? I see him as much more physical especially when it comes to aerial duels and against teams such as Burnley who just play long ball then fight for the second ball he could be quite useful.
100% agree. For the Burnley type games we need a maguire type defender seeing as both Kompany and ota are off

I don't think Maguire would be a remotely bad signing - I think he's a decent player who would fit in well - but surely the price does have to come into it with other positions seemingly needing sorting as well.

As soon as it pushes past the £40m mark, which it enviably will with Leicester not needing money, the case for signing him surely must drop when you can sign Alderweireld for £25m.

Throw the kitchen sink at De Ligt and if that fails go for Alderweireld. Shocked why we haven't been linked more to the latter to be honest, perfect age considering the experience he'll inject with Kompany and possibly Otamendi leaving, cheap, release clause meaning all we have to do is agreed wage and very, very good to boot.

Laporte, Alderweireld, Stones and Garcia would be an excellent line up (obviously De Ligt even better, but I can't not see him at Barca next season).

100% agree. For the Burnley type games we need a maguire type defender seeing as both Kompany and ota are off
Don't get me wrong i would much rather see someone like De Ligt but as it seems he's going elsewhere if we could get Maguire for a reasonable price i think he would be a good signing

I don't think Maguire would be a remotely bad signing - I think he's a decent player who would fit in well - but surely the price does have to come into it with other positions seemingly needing sorting as well.

As soon as it pushes past the £40m mark, which it enviably will with Leicester not needing money, the case for signing him surely must drop when you can sign Alderweireld for £25m.

Throw the kitchen sink at De Ligt and if that fails go for Alderweireld. Shocked why we haven't been linked more to the latter to be honest, perfect age considering the experience he'll inject with Kompany and possibly Otamendi leaving, cheap, release clause meaning all we have to do is agreed wage and very, very good to boot.

Laporte, Alderweireld, Stones and Garcia would be an excellent line up (obviously De Ligt even better, but I can't not see him at Barca next season).
Problem with that is we either keep an unhappy delph or sign another hg player in another position

Stones has been underwhelming?
Stones is a good defender, just not an elite one like Laporte, and probably will never be.
I tend to judge players by the most decisive games of the season vs strongest sides, which is usually CL playoffs. Can you remember Stones' impact in the CL? He looked like a clown vs Monaco at home, next year he sat on the bench during Liverpool clash (out of form after injuries, Kompany plays), this year he's on the bench again (terribly out ot form due to 'personal reasons', Kompany plays).

3 years in a row we see the same tendency - he starts the season very well and fades away by spring. I can't see Pep being happy with that. Stones is fine as a rotational option, but I'd wish Laporte had a more reliable main partner.

Stones is a good defender, just not an elite one like Laporte, and probably will never be.
I tend to judge players by the most decisive games of the season vs strongest sides, which is usually CL playoffs. Can you remember Stones' impact in the CL? He looked like a clown vs Monaco at home, next year he sat on the bench during Liverpool clash (out of form after injuries, Kompany plays), this year he's on the bench again (terribly out ot form due to 'personal reasons', Kompany plays).

3 years in a row we see the same tendency - he starts the season very well and fades away by spring. I can't see Pep being happy with that. Stones is fine as a rotational option, but I'd wish Laporte had a more reliable main partner.
Laporte, as much as I love him, literally shit the bed for every goal Spurs scored at ours in the CL.

Your logic is flawed.

Do you think Maguire would be another Stones ? I see him as much more physical especially when it comes to aerial duels and against teams such as Burnley who just play long ball then fight for the second ball he could be quite useful.

I don’t think he’s in the same league as stones and for all our defensive shortcomings (joke), we conceded one goal more than the greatest defence ever to walk the earth this season.... I’d be all over Alderwiereld

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.