It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think we'll only see 2 potential changes from that being a viable starting 11. Someone coming in for Yaya, and Aguero out/Someone in - 9 out of 11 ain't bad.

I'd estimate 5, bud

Stones, yaya, kun, B silva (he'll bed in this year) and for me, even though he's looked brilliant being back, we won't go into the season with Komps being relied upon!

It's going to be one hell of a meltdown when we miss out on both Sanchez and Mbappe :)
Honestly, if we get either of these two then I'll be ecstatic. Signing both isn't just improbable, it's impossible. Also, if we do end up signing Mbappe, then I reckon that Sergio will be sold this summer. Mbappe wants assurances of game time and he is not going to come here to compete for minutes with Sergio, Jesus, Sane, Sterling and Bernardo. I'd be over the moon if we signed Sanchez. I daren't dream any higher because the potential fall would be fatal.

I meant the ability to register players, which is on July 1st.

You're right of course, but we've seen Pep back down on wanting a player before when the price got too high. He still will want his squad together asap, but I'm pretty sure that doesn't mean he'd be in favor of giving Monaco €50m for Mendy to hurry to the process along.

For sure that's their business model, but they've never had a season in which every single player in their starting XI was a target for one or more big clubs, and, further, they haven't been this successful since they started employing said business model.

That's why you have statements by Monaco saying they are determined to keep Mbappe at all costs. The kid could destroy the world record fee for a player and is a huge financial gamble for Monaco to take, but he's their star and figurehead. He may not make more money next year, but keeping him would represent a victory for the club and the fans even if they lost 5 other first team players.
Honestly I'm not even sure he's that essential to Monaco in terms of immediate results. Obviously his potential is off the charts but he won't be sticking around years either way.

Germain and Falcao played more minutes each and bagged 31 goals
With a world record fee in their pocket Monaco could sign another top prospect (dolberg / schick / even iheanacho) ready to sell on again in 2 or 3 years a who could replace the 15 Mbappe added.

All things considered I think they'd be insane not to sell this summer.

With that 11, the bench would be Bravo, Otamendi, Fernandinho (assuming he is covering right back here), Gundogan, De Bruyne, Sterling and Jesus.

What the actual fuck?!?

Replacements for Clichy , Pablo and Sagna , another defensive midfielder and central defender and a striker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.