It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lack of a real DMF/CMF troubles me.

I am enclined to agree, but that's only because my conventional brain has been conditioned to accept round pegs in round holes?

Conte deserves a lot of credit somehow taking Victor Moses and turning him in to a wing back.

Our pressing from the front would be insane, and effectively add to the midfield?

When I look at the line-up I posted, you could argue....there are a lot more fits than I first assumed, in terms of Pep making the formation work?

OTAMENDI - FECK KNOWS
STONES - PIQUE
BONUCCI - PUYOL
STERLING - DANI ALVES
SANE - JORDI ALBA
SILVA - INIESTA
DE BRUYNE - BUSQUETS (I KNOW, A STRETCH)
SANCHEZ - MESSI
MBAPPE - SUAREZ
JESUS - NEYMAR

I think you lot are are all crazy if you think Pep "midfielders are the most important players in football" would play a team with just KDB and Silva as midfielders.

I think Pep would class Sane & Sterling as midfielders. I think he'd probably class Sanchez as one too. But yeah, I do think we'll need a Gundogan or similar next to Silva for the most part.

That Mendy from Monaco is immense

Immense going forward yes, but going the other way I havent been impressed with him. He's got done by both sterling and dembele in both knockout games on his side that's led to goals. Basically you would be getting a faster version of Kolorav although that might work for the style pep wants to implement

I think Pep would class Sane & Sterling as midfielders. I think he'd probably class Sanchez as one too. But yeah, I do think we'll need a Gundogan or similar next to Silva for the most part.

Pep constantly refers to those two as "strikers" in his press conferences, so I'd disagree with you there.

There seems to be a misconception that we played Sterling and Sané as wingbacks arlier in the season just because we played 3 at the back, but Guardiola himself said that wasn't the case when asked about it (and seemed confused that someone would even think that) ...they were just wingers in a formation without fullbacks.

I am enclined to agree, but that's only because my conventional brain has been conditioned to accept round pegs in round holes?

Conte deserves a lot of credit somehow taking Victor Moses and turning him in to a wing back.

Our pressing from the front would be insane, and effectively add to the midfield?

When I look at the line-up I posted, you could argue....there are a lot more fits than I first assumed, in terms of Pep making the formation work?

OTAMENDI - FECK KNOWS
STONES - PIQUE
BONUCCI - PUYOL
STERLING - DANI ALVES
SANE - JORDI ALBA
SILVA - INIESTA
SANCHEZ - MESSI
MBAPPE - SUAREZ
JESUS - NEYMAR
Lacks a Xavi though, I just think Sane and Sterling as wing backs is wrong firstly not sure they are very good ones or ones that would too tuck in and have a passing range, and secondly it doesn't get the best out of their talent for me.

Could it work?

.......EDERSON......

.......OTAMENDI....STONES......BONUCCI.....

STERLING....................................SANE....

............DE BRUYNE........SILVA........

.......................SANCHEZ..............

...........MBAPPE.....................JESUS.........

Imagine that haha! If Sanchez and Mbappe come, Sterling is benched for sure. With that line up, you'd prefer having more solid wing backs though.

OTAMENDI - FECK KNOWS
STONES - PIQUE
BONUCCI - PUYOL
STERLING - DANI ALVES
SANE - JORDI ALBA
SILVA - INIESTA
SANCHEZ - MESSI
MBAPPE - SUAREZ
JESUS - NEYMAR

Otamendi - Mascherano

Could it work?

.......EDERSON......

It certainly could work but the only problem I see with that is with De bruyne in that role. Silva, I have no problem with as he can play virtually anywhere in center mid for pep including the base and he wouldn't look out of place. He's incredibly disciplined and aware but outside of his ball retention for someone with his frame he's also very tenacious in the tackling and reading of the game whether it be in interceptions or nicking the ball. With de bruyne though, that defensive discipline is just not there and you will have plenty of situation where he will vacate his position or the person he's marking to try and press for a ball that he can't win and gets easily exploited which has happened countless times this season.

With the full back positions, as navas has shown recently and moses for chelsea, you just need good discipline and recovery speed to be effective in that wing back role though I'm not particularly sure sane is as disciplined and aware positionally as sterling is. The other positions just work themselves out and no team will be able to deal with the high-intensity pressing, pace, fluidity and movement that the front three will give. All that said, Its all just a dream at this point as I don't see the purchase of both sanchez and Mbappe being possible in the same window.

Could it work?

.......EDERSON......

Willy Carvalho needed against top sides

Immense going forward yes, but going the other way I havent been impressed with him. He's got done by both sterling and dembele in both knockout games on his side that's led to goals. Basically you would be getting a faster version of Kolorav although that might work for the style pep wants to implement

I agree with you to a point about Mendy defensively but Sterling and Demdele would do most defenders 1v1. His positioning would need working on, but with Peps coaching and a bit more experience I think he can improve that aspect of his game. The lads a beast going forward, good passer and very good crosser.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.