It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's nothing like what we need. Both the Spurs full backs are reliant on people not taking their space further forward with the two defensive midfielders dropping in as and when. If they've got Sane and a Sterling in front of them they won't know what to do, as evidenced when Sterling plays for England. It's not that they don't want to pass to him, they don't know how to!
I know it sounds stupid, but I'm wary about us buying defenders from teams with good defensive records, because I can't help but think that it's the set up that's largely responsible. Look at Otamendi, who before we bought him, was touted as one of the best defenders in La Liga. It seems that actually, he was part of a team that was good at defending. How much of Rose's rise is down to individual talent, and how much is down to how the team is set up? After all, our own Micah Richards has been called the best full back in the league before, and then looked hopeless in a different setup under a different manager. Meanwhile, we bought John Stones despite him being part of a pretty hopeless Everton defence, because you could see his individual talent.

I rate Rose and have done for a while, but not £50m worth. That would make him the most expensive ever full back by some distance. It's the sort of money you'd bid if you were trying to get Real Madrid to sell Marcelo.

Both of which point to a rag player, only likely candidate being Fatty Shaw, obviously if he signs he will be Super Shaw
I'm going with Will Smith aka fresh Prince
Fresh- new younger
Prince- Principality Monaco
Mbappe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.