It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
I refuse to believe that we didn't go for Bonucci and I refuse to believe all the top clubs in Europe didn't ask also, I guess he just doesn't want to leave Italy. What a signing for AC, the owners really do want to bring them back to the top table.

Not what was being discussed a few pages back here but we are spending 50 m each (approx) for both Mendy and walker. Bonnuci 40m Euros

Wasn't it his family who turned his head from moving to City last year?

It looked very likely he was joining last season.

I think we need at least the two first choice full backs for the USA tour . Peps game is all about positional play which takes time to learn , I cannot imagine Pep wanting to start the season with a back four who have not a fair bit of time to practice together.
At least we appear to have one of them
In the long run, I don't think it will matter. Yes everything you've said is right, but if Mbappe is the trancedent talent every top team thinks he is, then the question of who should you chase first is simple: Mbappe.

It will be the equivalent of a team being able to sign Messi 10 years ago but they are busy being worried about confirming Lahm and Marcelo.

As fantastic and trancedent as Lahm was and Marcelo is, both pale in comparison to Messi. What a trancedent offensive player can give you is 10 time more than what his defensive equal can. Especially when that equal is a fullback.

Yeah, don't rate the position :)

Great signing for Milan, reason Juve' sold him?

He has a bad relationship with Allegri, apparently they had a fight during halftime in the CL final. He doesn't want to move outside Italy because of his family though, so Milan was the only suitable destination.

In the long run, I don't think it will matter. Yes everything you've said is right, but if Mbappe is the trancedent talent every top team thinks he is, then the question of who should you chase first is simple: Mbappe.

It will be the equivalent of a team being able to sign Messi 10 years ago but they are busy being worried about confirming Lahm and Marcelo.

As fantastic and trancedent as Lahm was and Marcelo is, both pale in comparison to Messi. What a trancedent offensive player can give you is 10 time more than what his defensive equal can. Especially when that equal is a fullback.

Yeah, don't rate the position :)

Transfers don't really work like that though. It's not a process where you devote 100% of your energy to one transfer then move onto the next. You can do them concurrently and the bigger the deal the longer it takes.

Not to mention with a player like Mbappé...you've got to convince the player and his family to go to you not Real, and the hard sell doesn't always work, sometimes they need a bit of time and space to decide their future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.