It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m personally excited for “pep refused to sign contract extension after board FAILS to land Messi in the summer” stories that will inevitably start popping up

So they keep an unhappy player and lose him for nothing in a few months...that’s like us keeping Sane. That makes no sense at all.

As for Tolmie knowing less about City than a news aggregator who is passing on other sites reporting but giving it a reliability rating....are people serious? Hagrid has zero contacts himself.

If he comes TM hasn’t carried out the negotiations himself if he doesn’t TM still knows more than the rest of us.

Just be patient. Anything could happen but we are in a very strong position both in the short and long term. We have not been used at all..if that were the case Messi would not have taken the actions he already has. Who would have thought that a series of decisions that only a 5 year old child would make would hold up the process?

Let’s wait on TM’s take. These latest tales are all from Barca press.

Messi seeing out the last year of his contract and walking away for free isn't a great result for Barca. If anything it puts more pressure on them to do a deal now and get a significant fee for him while they still can.

This could actually be designed to give Barca a reason to justify selling him to their fans? Sell him now or get nothing for him in 12 months and have a potentially disheartened player, who has made it clear he wants out.

I dont think this saga is over.

Imo if he doesn’t leave Barca now he won’t at all, new president and contract next summer.

Him staying and leaving on a free makes zero sense financially for Barca.

Not saying it wouldnt or wont happen but its amatuer hour if it does on their behalf.

Id also wager it happening could and imo, should leave us telling the Messi camp we wont be waiting to welcome him when he does.

Its twitter, lets all wait and see what gets said officially.

Might initial reaction to this 'update' is not of surprise but of 'expectation.' Throughout this, Barcelona want to show their fans that they're fighting for their star man, to keep him at the club and to be the centre of their new line up under Koeman. Whilst I find it odd that Jorge Messi would travel 10 odd hours for a quick three meeting for it all to be resolved doesn't sit quite right with me, who knows what was discussed and ultimately may be agreed.

Either way, and no matter how this works out, I expected this at some point. I'm still hopeful, like everyone else, that we get our man but it isn't the end of the world if we don't....as long as we go after another striker!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.