It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never forget this gem;

Manchester City paying so much money for Kevin De Bruyne is an absolute joke." Merson said.

"I thought he was out of his depth at Chelsea. He never once went out on the pitch and looked like he belonged there. I don't think he could handle it - and now he's going to City for about three times what Wolfsburg paid for him. Not for me.

He'll be on the bench at City for a start, because you can't change a winning team. Who does he get in ahead of? No-one. They're all playing too well.

But he didn't like it when he was on the bench at Chelsea and he ended up getting bombed out because Jose Mourinho questioned his attitude.

Okay, he's had a good season in Germany. But there are only a few decent clubs there really, aren't there? It's not the Premier League.

I just think their money could have been better spent elsewhere.
What's worse is this idiot gets paid to talk drivel.

I stand corrected,he still is a dickhead who went drink driving during lockdown,he is not growing up any time soon

Except he was never charged with drink driving.

I’d also argue the fact that carrying his club to the PL and playing a major role in them avoiding relegation shows he has grown up.

Like many other players, he also does a lot of charity work which goes unnoticed.

Maybe it’s the shit haircut, low shin pads and constant moaning to the ref which makes him unlikable. That doesn’t make him a dickhead off the pitch or a shit player though.

Grealish is a fantastic player. Has the skills, can be a leader, can produce top class shithousery and works his arse off. I certainly think he COULD play for us, I just don't think he SHOULD unless we are losing a CM.

I'd bin Gundogan in a heartbeat and sign him up, to replace him as an 8. Maybe even get Douggie Louis back to cover the work that Gundogan puts in at 6.

Except he was never charged with drink driving.

I’d also argue the fact that carrying his club to the PL and playing a major role in them avoiding relegation shows he has grown up.

Like many other players, he also does a lot of charity work which goes unnoticed.

Maybe it’s the shit haircut, low shin pads and constant moaning to the ref which makes him unlikable. That doesn’t make him a dickhead off the pitch or a shit player though.

My man.

And that clip tells you everything you need to know about the level of punditry in this country.

The root of the issue is the use of retired football players who have either never managed a team or failed massively at it. The worst group has Merson, Thompson, Carragher, Ferdinand, Owen, and etc speaking absolute nonsense. This might not resonate with others but I put Neville, Shearer, and Lineker in this bracket as well. They are more articulate at expressing their opinion but we get zero insight into the actual way football functions from them.

I don’t like them but Mourinho and Van Gaal were actual pundits that provided actual tactical context and we really should have those kind of people fill these roles. There are plenty of retired managers to be real pundits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.