It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
When did Messi did this interview with goal.com, I am sure it was not today.

Meaning they knew they gonna do this at least 1 or two days ago. Did they let City know of this?

I thought this. City’s silence has been our saving grace media wise but there’s still time to play for me.

This is still happening. City bid. Few weeks of negotiations. Messi joins city
I think it's quite possible we will make a bid of less than £100m as there were many reports that City might bid at that level if barca were prepared to negotiate. However, we could get Messi for free by negotiating in January.

I am wary about his age. I know he'll still be a hell of a player at that age but if you saw him against Bayern his energy levels are already quite low. How effective will be be in 1 or 2 years time? No one knows. We need to be competing for titles and Champions Leagues.

It just about makes sense now but in 12 months? It might be a marketing dream, but the football has to work as well.

At the end of the day he lost is nerve and went for the safe option. Now I’m of the opinion that in 10 months time i think it would be a terrible idea to go back in for him he’s not going to be the same player he his now because he won’t put all his heart into Barca and that will play deeply on his mind set.

There won't be a U-turn. I think there has been clear communication that neither Messi nor City can afford to drag this on.
Also, the interview isn't only him bashing Barto. It also contains lines like this:

I will continue at Barça and my attitude will not change no matter how much I have wanted to go. I will do my best. I always want to win, I'm competitive and I don't like to lose anything. I always want the best for the club, for the dressing room and for myself. I said it at the time that it was not giving us to win the Champions League. Actually, now I don't know what will happen. There is a new coach and a new idea. That's good, but then we have to see how the team responds and whether or not it will give us to compete. What I can say is that I'm staying and I'm going to give my best

People keep forgetting, his problem is with the board and not the club. He'll have been promised changes and they'll find the money to cover some debts. Bent c@@ts always do. If nothing happens in the next week or so, he's there for good.

I was never enamoured with the idea of him being here; he's probably the greatest of all time but, in my guts, it would only ever have been a short term appointment and a bit of a circus - a stick to beat us with if we didn't win everything or the only reason we did win anything. I would prefer a younger, more 'under the radar' player who can add technique, pace and power to our central midfield.
In football terms I agree. He'd have been huge though for the City Group and general excitement.

When did Messi did this interview with goal.com, I am sure it was not today.

Meaning they knew they gonna do this at least 1 or two days ago. Did they let City know of this?
Why did they have to let us know?

We haven't so much said "Sí" to anything or anyone connected to this Messi saga.

It's the press putting together pep + Messi and getting us involved.

We've stood back and are just waiting for the dust to settle and then go about our business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.