It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning all,

In my opinion this is still playing out in a way that I think it isn’t over.

Messi really has backed Barca into a corner, they have an unhappy player, a player whose transfer value diminishes as each month goes by (double whammy whilst the pay him millions), a very unsettled dressing room which Messi has made clear he doesn’t rate, he has also publically said he doesnt rate Koeman.

according to the SSN reporter in Barca a local radio phone-in demonstrated that the fans view it as ‘a sad day’, their hero and talisman being forced to stay against his wishes. All this reflects very badly on the club and current President.
The President can recover some ‘face’ by allowing him to leave and getting something in return.
hold on tight guys........

As @tolmie's hairdoo says ... another piece has been moved on the board. It’s just moved to a different square. The desire to win the game is still very much there. We just need to checkmate a different way.

In the immediate aftermath I agreed.
However after having slept on it and the fact that the Spanish papers are not reporting Leo’s scathing attack to any degree and the comments on the attached twitter response from Barca, I don’t think they will accept any offer other than the buy out clause.

Bartomeu gambled on Leo’s love for the club and fans and won.

You can’t deal with someone as bat shit crazy as him

Of course I’ll be ecstatic to be proven wrong but I have sadly resigned myself to this being over

Attachments

• B38665C0-BC7B-44A6-B6C1-B12B3A99E7A2.jpeg
    B38665C0-BC7B-44A6-B6C1-B12B3A99E7A2.jpeg
    931.6 KB · Views: 32
This is all part of the plan.
I have been thinking about it. Why release a
a statement at 1pm informing the world that there is no €700m release clause anymore, even going as far as copy and pasting lines from the contract.
I reckon its so city have the proof when putting a bid in for him that he €700m release clause does not exist.
I expect a very public bidding for Messi from City with leaks to certain journos. This will be played out in the media. The world knows that there is no €700m release clause and Messi only has 10 months till he ends his contract. Barca will be pushed into a corner, eventually accepting a bid of around €100m.

It wouldn't surprise me at all for us to come in with a bid for him. One of the most difficult things in a transfer like this is how it's positioned to the fans. Messi has already spoken out and everyone knows how unhappy he is. He didn't sugar coat it or toe the club party line.

Let's see what happens when he returns to training and any other quotes that come to light in the meantime. If the narrative is that he remains unhappy and it's a distraction for the club, undermining what Koeman is trying to achieve etc I think we'll bid for him and I wouldn't be surprised if we'd known all along that that's what it would take.

Signing him on a free felt too good to be true and would have been a huge blow to Barca. Paying a significant fee for an unhappy player, in the last year of his contract... I think that can be a win for all parties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.